Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
Pete731
Connoisseur
Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo; Nexus 7
Anthology kickstarter

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong section to put this in, but I thought this was neat and wanted to share. Over at Kickstarter, some authors are putting together funding for a fantasy anthology that looks good, and has some good authors attached to it. It's called Tales of the Emerald Serpent, and it has about 1400.00$ and 12 days left to go.
Link-
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...world-mosaic-a

For those unfamiliar with Kickstarter, you can choose an amount to pledge, with rewards for different amounts. Your credit card is only billed if the project gets pledged enough. I put in for the 5$ amount, the reward for which is a non drm ebook copy. My reasoning is if it falls through, it doesn't cost me anything, if it goes through, well, i'd gladly pay 5 bucks for that book anyway. Win-win!
Pete731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You amount total is incorrect. That title has this much pledged:

$8,655
pledged of $10,000 goal
11 days to go.

Remember: This is for a title that is NOT yet available. If the goal is not reached, the book will be unavailable.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-06-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You amount total is incorrect. That title has this much pledged:

$8,655
pledged of $10,000 goal
11 days to go.

Remember: This is for a title that is NOT yet available. If the goal is not reached, the book will be unavailable.

Don
(Moderator)
Unless it changed his numbers are correct....about $1400 ($1345 if you want to be technical) and 12 days LEFT TO GO. Which, is the difference between your numbers and $10,000
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Unless it changed his numbers are correct....about $1400 ($1345 if you want to be technical) and 12 days LEFT TO GO. Which, is the difference between your numbers and $10,000
No, actually the Doctor is correct (cut and paste)

Quote:
Backers
$8,685
pledged of $10,000 goal
days to go
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Presumably, also, the book won't be available, because no one will write any stories for it, unless it presells enough...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2012, 02:09 AM   #6
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
How is approx. $8600 funded out of $10K not approx. "1400.00$... left to go" as the OP said? As far as I can tell, the OP's math is spot-on.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:30 AM   #7
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Less than a $1,000 to go now, including $5 of me own. Thanks Pete 731

If anyone's interested in old-school RPGs you can also help fund Wasteland 2, the sequel to the grandaddy of the Fallout Series.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

Last edited by VaporPunk; 04-07-2012 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Wasteland 2
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:43 AM   #8
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Um...not really. Not this time.

I actually like the whole Kickstarter thing. My good friend Nigel McGuiness hit is $32,000 mark in only 3 DAYS to make his documentary. He's at $45,000 right now.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-of-mcguinness

This whole project will bring a tear to my eye, as he is one of the most deserving guys in the wrestling business, and a class act stand up guy.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
Pete731
Connoisseur
Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo; Nexus 7
Funded

Hi everybody, sorry I was unclear, I did mean 10,000-8,655.00 = 1,400.00(ish) left. Also, I probably should have said that I don't have any affiliation with the project, just like how it sounded. That said, I just checked, and it is funded! So presumably the project is a go and everyone that funded it will be getting whatever level of reward they signed up for. One thing that I am unclear on, it says that there is 8 days left, if someone pledges now, do they still A. accept the pledge, and B. give the reward? Tried reading on the kickstarter site, but it wasn't clear. Not a big deal, more me being curious
Pete731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Yes, those who pledge now still get a book.

If they get to $15K by the end date, you'll get two books (and another for each $5K above that). So, it does pay to go ahead and get in now (guaranteed one book, possibility of two or more).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #11
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
A shame that it's not part of the Kicking it Forward movement, otherwise I would definitely participate.

(Kicking it Forward participants agree to donate 5% of profits to other projects.)
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:39 AM   #12
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Sometimes I think that the project organizers should give more thought as to the practicality of the reward levels.

I'd have cheerfully paid a certain amount extra for the behind-the-scenes making-of PDF bonus offered at one of the upper pledge tiers, but I don't want an art print or bookmarks and I certainly don't want to spend an extra $10 for international shipping for that clutter I don't want.

It would seem that putting in digital-only options at the lower tiers would make more sense.

Anyway, I just put in $5 for the basic e-book option. It doesn't look like they're likely to raise the extra $2000 needed to reach the bonus 2nd anthology goal in the 11 hours remaining, but who knows?
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote