Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
sarah11918
Edge User

Android news stumbles upon not-yet-released Amazon Android App store

From http://www.androidnews.de/amazon-app...ps-prices-leak

Quote:
Today we accidentally tripped over some information regarding available apps and prices in Amazon’s Appstore. The store itself is still not working yet, but now we have some first impressions of which apps Amazon is going to feature and how they will be competing with the prices in Google’s Android Market.
See the rest of the article for screen shots and impressions. I tried the amazon link but it looks like it's already been taken down.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
ubergeek
Edge User

Apparently they are gearing up for store launch. I know on the dev side they are pushing hard to get app submissions completed.

Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
NiaTrue
Edge User

I downloaded the Amazon Appstore for Android app today; it works beautifully on the eDGe. So far I've only downloaded a couple of apps (Amazon MP3 and Fandango). They look great full screen and work as expected.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
sarah11918
Edge User

NiaTrue, is your edge working again? I was just about to post my condolences in another thread. I hope that's the case! I guess the Amazone appstore is up and running now then,eh? Have to check that out. What's one more distraction today?

Old 03-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
NiaTrue
Edge User

LOL. I dont' need anymore distractions, but the Amazon Appstore is certainly a nice diversion.

My eDGe is still not opening purchased ebooks--a real pain--but otherwise it's functioning fine.

Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
I downloaded the Amazon Appstore for Android app today; it works beautifully on the eDGe. So far I've only downloaded a couple of apps (Amazon MP3 and Fandango). They look great full screen and work as expected.
I've posted instructions on how to get the Amazon App Store for Android app here: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...p-on-your-eDGe.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #7
sarah11918
Edge User

boris, did downloading apps actually work for you? I got the app no problem (put in your email address, doesn't have to be a phone's email address, and clicked the link on the email Amazon sent me to download). But, when I tried to download apps, I get "The Amazon Appstore for Android is not yet available in your region." I'm assuming that's what people outside the US are seeing?

I have hotspot shield for getting a US IP address on my laptop, but I don't know of a similar tool for Android, so I can't hide that I'm from Canada.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
borisb
Edge User

Yup, being Canadian, I got the same as you.