Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 04:51 AM   #1
dieterf
dieterf is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone
Organizing books for OPDS/Stanza?

First. A very good App to hold eBook and publish it in home-network!

Is it possible to group and organizing books for OPDS/Stanza views?

After i have put in a lot of books to calibre a have an "onordered" and very long list on my iPhone's stanza. I wish i have a feature to group eBooks logical to folders, which can browsed-through by a client. Or i haven't found this function?

Thanks in advance for helping.
dieterf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:04 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What type of home machine do you have? If it is a Windows PC then you might want to look at my Calibre2Web script (search the forum for the thread).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's on my todo list, I just have higher priority stuff to get to first
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
dieterf

@itimpi: I own an BSD-Unix named "Mac OS X" ;-)

@kovidgoyal: Nice to read.

It could by designed like the "browse books by tag" plus "all books"

All books
- (as exists, possible sort by "?configured?")
Authors
- abc
- - book 1
- - book 2
- def
- - book x
- - book y
Series
Tags

Each level are a separate view (html/feed). Navigation by step in and step out.

What you think?
Old 07-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterf View Post
@itimpi: I own an BSD-Unix named "Mac OS X" ;-)

@kovidgoyal: Nice to read.

It could by designed like the "browse books by tag" plus "all books"

All books
- (as exists, possible sort by "?configured?")
Authors
- abc
- - book 1
- - book 2
- def
- - book x
- - book y
Series
Tags

Each level are a separate view (html/feed). Navigation by step in and step out.

What you think?
itimpi's script does that, and does it quite well. One of the drawbacks, though, is the script only generates static .xml files and everytime you add a book to Calibre, you'd need to re-run the script.

The navigation (step in, step out) is inherent in Stanza's online catalog handling.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:22 AM   #6
dieterf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
itimpi's script does that, and does it quite well. One of the drawbacks, though, is the script only generates static .xml files and everytime you add a book to Calibre, you'd need to re-run the script.

The navigation (step in, step out) is inherent in Stanza's online catalog handling.
As i said above i using UNIX ... If it is readable, i can look for writing a universal shell-script.

Quote:
At the moment Calibre2Web will only run on a PC under Windows. This is because it is developed in VBScript (and hence the PC restriction) while I learnt about the Catalog formats used by Stanza. I intend to work on a 2nd generation version that will be more flexible and not be tied to a PC Windows environment.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:31 AM   #7
dieterf

Ok, itimpi is working on a python solution ... will wait!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Until then ... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64095

dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote