Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #31
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I have called my petsitter to find out if she has either weekend available. In actual travel time, the Woodlands and Sugarland are both about four hours away from me, so that makes no difference to me at all.

I will almost certainly stay overnight somewhere ....
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:31 AM   #32
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I had hoped to fly Southwest there and back in the same day. The last flight out is 7:00PM on Saturdays. (Cheapskates - every other day of the week is 10PM!) (Southwest is the US equivalent of Ryanair - only we did it first!)

So it's stay over, drive or fly. Can you recommend a reasonably good, reasonably close hotel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I was planning to post a message this morning that I'll be picking my travel dates for October in he next three days, so now is the time to holler if anyone has a specific preference.

I would probably prefer the 4th, but it's a very mild preference, so the 11th would be fine. I don't know yet if my work folks have their own preferences on when they want me here, usually they don't but sometimes they do.

The Woodlands would be a lot more convenient for me than Sugarland, since I'll most likely be flying in to IAH that afternoon and I tend to be more on the north side of town than the south when I'm here.

If I recall correctly, there ought to be a fair number of hotels and such in that area, also, Conroe isn't very far up the road from the Woodlands (like 10 miles), and it should have some good options in hotels (likely better priced) as well.
I did some research, and there is a hotel called the "Drury" that has gotten very good reviews. And ... it's super close to Panera Bread.

The address and phone number are

28099 Interstate 45 N
The Woodlands, TX 77380
(281) 362-7222‎

It turns out my petsitter is available either weekend, so just let me know asap which one you all decide on so I can book a room.
Advert
Old 09-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #33
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Ah, yes, the unfortunately named Drury Inn (sounds a bit too much like "dreary" for me to have picked the name ). I've stayed at them a time or two, and my dad absolutely swore by them for years. They're usually very nice, and the prices are toward the upper end of not bad.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:54 PM   #34
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I guess we're down to NatCh's scheduling....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #35
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If we're down to me, then I can probably settle the question tomorrow.
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #36
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I like Panera Bread well enough, and I haven't eaten there in over a year (since we moved to Tennessee), so ....
But no matter what time of day, or what Panera location, they're guaranteed to be sold out of sourdough when I arrive. If you want sourdough, make sure you tell me to stay home.

Curt

(would prefer Pearland/Pasadena, but willing to try Sugar Land for y'all. I'll travel to the Woodlands if the meet-up includes the public humiliation of at least one employee of the Woodlands mall SonyStyle store )

Last edited by curtw; 09-09-2008 at 03:28 PM.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #37
NatCh
Gizmologist

Okie-dokie, folks, I just got my marching orders for October, and I'll be arriving at IAH at 4:15 on October 4th.

Are we good to go?
Old 09-10-2008, 11:46 AM   #38
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Done! I hereby proclaim it! The 2008 MobileRead Meet-up in Houston will be:

Saturday, October 4 at the Panera Bread in The Woodlands (a few miles north of Houston on I-45)

The location (1201 Lake Woodlands Dr.) is here: http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=30....dlands%2C%20tx

I'll be there in the mid-afternoon and will stay until everyone else leaves.

Be seeing you (there)!

Last edited by vivaldirules; 09-10-2008 at 11:53 AM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:40 PM   #39
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Driving from Dallas? Staying the night in hotels? Spending an extra night from Tennessee? Wow. You folks either really want to meet up or you've been sipping Zany Carters for a teensy bit too long, in my humble opinion. Hey, Marc just what's in those things anyway?!

Okay, let's try to accomodate as many as possible:

-Natch, just let us know dates you'd prefer in early October or early November. I assume we're talking Oct. 4 or 11 or Nov. 1 or 8.
-Ricky, we'll try to firm up a date as soon as we can.
-RSE, would 4 pm do or would you prefer even earlier for a start time (we could continue for as long people wish)?
-Amalthia, is that too early or did you mean you work until 8 pm on weekdays?
-RSE, Elsi, Ricky, maybe we should make a more northerly venue for you since I assume you live north of here, correct? Maybe the Woodlands off I-45?
-NatCh, sounds like a second for Panera Bread. I see there are 19 of them in the Houston area.

Any other requests?

How about other participants? You lurkers out there are welcome to come, too, you know (unless you're a lemur - we ain't havin' no steenking lemurs snooping around at this meet-up).
Yeah. Could you do it in Wisconsin in late September?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #40
NatCh
Gizmologist

Too late, it's been "Proclaimed."
Old 09-10-2008, 03:07 PM   #41
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Yeah. Could you do it in Wisconsin in late September?
You pay for the lodgings and the air fare???
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #42
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
You pay for the lodgings and the air fare???
Hey, right. I'm up for it under those terms. Pshwynk?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #43
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Is anybody bringing a Kindle? Looks like there will be enough Sonys, but I still haven't seen a Kindle.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:14 AM   #44
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Is anybody bringing a Kindle? Looks like there will be enough Sonys, but I still haven't seen a Kindle.
I will have my Kindle there with me. I'll book my room tomorrow.

Nite nite all.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:45 AM   #45
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
OK -- it's on my calendar.

I'm dashing in to Houston tomorrow evening for a Friday morning meeting with a customer. My schedule calls for me to arrive at 10:15 pm Thursday night and fly out at 3pm on Friday -- weather permitting. One of the other Dallas folks is driving a rental car down instead of flying in, so we have a backup escape plan if flights are canceled on Friday.

If I don't forget, I'll call and book my room for the meet-up while I'm in town.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote