Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
rst3
rst3 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
help transferring books onto Kobo Arc

Hopefully someone can help. I recently bought a Kobo Arc and have Calibre installed on my computer with all of my e-books downloaded into the Calibre files. I have instructions on how to transfer them onto my device however after following the instructions and although the Calibre 'jobs' notification shows jobs completed the e-books are not on my reader. Can anyone assist? Thanks.
rst3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rst3 View Post
Hopefully someone can help. I recently bought a Kobo Arc and have Calibre installed on my computer with all of my e-books downloaded into the Calibre files. I have instructions on how to transfer them onto my device however after following the instructions and although the Calibre 'jobs' notification shows jobs completed the e-books are not on my reader. Can anyone assist? Thanks.
Try the forum specific to Kobo tablets...someone already owning an Arc should be able to help.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
luxaeternam
busy bee
luxaeternam began at the beginning.

Device: iPad / Sony PRS1 / Kobo Arc
I couldn't get the Arc to play nicely with Calibre, so my workaround is to use Dropbox or Sugarsync and to import EPub files from there. Once they are downloaded I import them to the library (via the menu in the top right) and it automatically finds anything that has been downloaded.
It's a good idea to click yes when the Arc asks you if you want to delete the downloaded file. This avoids duplicates and therefore pointless use of storage.
luxaeternam is offline   Reply With Quote