Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
kelsoanim
kelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to behold

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color and Motorola Xoom
Multi ereader user

Over the course of the year I've collected three ereader devices. The Nook Color was my gateway drug, then I got a Nook Simple Touch and recently purchased a Motorola Xoom. Ereaders have greatly increaded the amount of reading I do. When I first got my NST I switched over to reading on it 100% and only used the Nook Color as a rooted Android tablet. When I got the Xoom I was going to sell the Nook Color. But the fun of getting a new device made me want to read on the big Xoom screen. Reading on the Xoom reminded me of how much better the Nook Color was for night reading, especially if I want to read after my wife goes to sleep.

So now I am reading regularly on three devices. I read in the living room at home on the Xoom, take the NST with me to read on the bus, at work on my lunch, etc, and use the Nook Color to read in bed. It seems kind of silly, but it's nice to have specialized devices for differnt situations. Unnecessary but nice. The other reason I would give is that I simply love gadgets. Does anyone else do this?
kelsoanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Yep. The NC is great in night-mode for reading in bed and I also purchased an inexpensive e-ink reader for road trips. I now have an iPod Touch that will do nicely for my audiobooks.

I, too, love gadgets. The more, the merrier.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I got a Nook Color originally to root and use as a cheap tablet. And...eventually, I grew to like reading on it. Then, I looked into other readers. And, I ultimately got a Kindle.

Now, I have two distinct experiences. The Kindle and its great screen for reading normal books for days, and the Nook Color for magazines, PDFs, and image-heavy books.

That, and I get the best of both worlds for epub and mobi books.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
moyogi2
ereader apprentice guru
moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-T1, Sony 300 (so far)
I have a Kindle Keyboard, but I also love the Sony 300 - it has a good feel and I take it everywhere as it just feels more durable than the Kindle. I got the Sony T1 recently for $89 from B&H and I love it - I will root it when I have a little free time. I will get a tablet before too long - maybe the second version of the Fire. I use all three readers, and Calibre makes it easy to share books between the readers.
moyogi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I do most of my reading on an iPad, but use a kindle fire to read at lunch or in bed. Before I got the fire, I used the iPad for all my reading. In general, I prefer the form factor of the iPad, but the kindle fire will fit easily in a coat pocket and is more comfortable to hold in bed.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I have both a Sony PRS-600 and a Nook Color. I originally picked up the Nook Color (NC) for functions other than ebook reading (mainly games, videos, and picture viewing), while leaving it to my Sony for ebook reading due to its e-ink screen.

My Sony has recently taken a hit on its battery life due to age and I'll probably begin to use my NC for ebook reading. Two other reason for this are: (1) the screen on my PRS-600 isn't as sharp as those of my two previous Sony ebook readers (the 500 and the 505), and (2) I haven't found a new e-ink ebook among the current crop that meets my needs.

I don't have much a problem with having multiple devices, but I prefer specialized devices with each devoted to a specific function. As an example, I prefer to have my ereader, music player, and cell phone be three separate devices.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote