Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #46
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
M-Edge is advertising these cases to be compatible with the PRS-T1:
http://www.medgestore.com/products/prst1/
All their pictures use the Kindle

I was wondering today if there was space on the inside back of the Sony cover to attach an elastic closing strap. One of the problems IMO with that case is that the cover flaps about, and this mod would fix it.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #47
Domas
Enthusiast
Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Sony PRS-505, Elonex (EB600E), Cool-er (EB600EM), Hanvon N516
Post List of all covers for Sony PRS-T1

While looking for a case for my new and shiny Sony T1, thought that it would be nice to have all options in one place. I'll keep updating this list. If you find something new or missing, let me know. Also, it would be useful to know if any of these covers does not have hard cover.

Covers with light

Sony: PRSA-CL10 - Cover with Light (US) (UK)
Price: $49.99
White, Red, Black.
No straps, light, fake leather.

Covers

Sony: PRSA-SC10 - Standard Cover (US) (UK)
Price: $34.99 (£24.99)
White, Red, Black.
No straps, fake leather.

Geko
Price: €19.95
White, Red, Black.
Straps, stylus pocket, document pockets, magnetic closing.

Gecko Luxe (not yet released)
Price: ???
White, Red, Black, Blue.
All-around-straps (covers glossy edges), document pockets.

Tuf-Luf (not yet released, no pictures)
Price: £24.99
Brown, Black, Sand, Green.
No strips? ("Snap clasp"), document pockets, stylus slot

NaviTech
Price: £7.99 (Shipping: UK £2.00, EU £3.00, Others - £6.00)
Brown, Black.
Straps, place for stylus, document pockets, magnetic closing.

Noreve
Price: €49.99-59.99
22 colour variations.
No straps, document pockets, magnetic closing.

DIY
Price: Priceless and free
White, Red, Black, Rainbow.
Straps, everythingyoueverwanted.

MacGyver style DIY
Price: free
Silvertape color.

Travel hard cases

EVA Hard Case
Price: £9.00
Black.
Hard case for transportation, straps (could be touching screen).

BookArmor Shield Case
Price: $34.95
Black.
Hard case for transportation, custom fit / no straps.

Other / Universal covers

Could fit Kindle Touch, Kindle 4, Sony Reader PRS-T1 & Kobo Touch, but may not be the exact fit for T1.

M-Edge universal cases
Price: 34.99-39.99
Multiple colours
Universal cases, straps

I haven't included sleeves in this list. If you prefer sleeve, keep in mind PRS-T1 dimensions: 110 x 173 x 8.9 mm.

Last edited by Domas; 11-15-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Domas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #48
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
Bookarmor hard shell case

http://www.extremeinkjet.com/BASST1_p/basst1.htm
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #49
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Would it not be better to merge this thread to the main case thread?
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:40 AM   #50
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also M-Edge have several models http://www.medgestore.com/products/prst1/ (just ignore the Kindles in the product photos!)
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 02:23 AM   #51
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Maybe the original poster of the main case thread would be willing to maintain a list of all known cases. Or this thread could become that.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:06 AM   #52
Domas
Enthusiast
Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Sony PRS-505, Elonex (EB600E), Cool-er (EB600EM), Hanvon N516
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Sabredog, would you like to take over and update this list on your first post? As it seems that my thread was merged to your original thread.
Domas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:45 AM   #53
chrisridd
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domas View Post
Sabredog, would you like to take over and update this list on your first post? As it seems that my thread was merged to your original thread.
Wouldn't it be better to add a page to the wiki for this sort of thing?
Old 11-15-2011, 07:45 AM   #54
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Wouldn't it be better to add a page to the wiki for this sort of thing?
I also think so.
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #55
chrisridd
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post
I also think so.
The wiki's a bit light on PRS-T1 content...

I've started a page for the T1 at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST1, if anyone wants to fill in the gaps!

Last edited by chrisridd; 11-15-2011 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Started hacking on the wiki
Old 11-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #56
lopio
lopio began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedb View Post
I'm using a cheap kindle case for the time being. I cut off the horizontal 'strap' that would have been just above the keyboard. Its not pretty but it will do for the moment
Where I can buy this same model of leather case?
I like for that seems strong, with the corners of below closed and you also say that it is cheap.

If somebody more know this model, you can put it here or to send me a private message.

I am looking for this same case in the web, during several hours for 2 days, and I don't find it.

A pleasing greeting to everybody (it is my first post)
Nico
Attached Images

lopio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #57
gari189
Connoisseur
gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Elonex 621eb, PRS-T1, HP Touchpad
I have the Navi-tech case. For the money its a very nice case but it seems to be a tad on the large size. The corner tabs are in the right place so the T1 fits in the case okay and is held in place okay but its almost as if the case was made for a slightly larger ereader and the tabs were adjusted to fit the T1. If you are looking for a cheap case to protect your T1 this will do the job.....if you're looking for something thats more tailored then maybe look at other options but they are twice the price......

Last edited by gari189; 11-22-2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: ?
gari189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #58
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
Colored paper and strong cardboard DIY

I made a custom case for my PRS-T1 with three pieces of strong cardboard, colored paper (both CANSON), two strips of gauze to link the 3 pieces (under the paper) for the articulation and some white paper-glue applied with a paintbrush. The bottom has a large opening for connectors, power and reset buttons. A smaller opening on the left side give access to the micro-SD card slot. The reader slide in the cover by the top (closed by folded cardboard).

The cover isn't too heavy (73 grammes or 2.57 ounces). Its dimensions are 117x177x15 mm (4.6x7x0.6 inches).

I need to apply spray plastifier (plasticizer ? not sure, "plastifiant" in French) to protect it against humidity.

I'm not too happy with finishes (glue traces, some measures slightly off), I'll probably try to make a better one with the remaining materials. I'll take some pictures during the assembly just in case someone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PRS-T1cover open.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	79258   Click image for larger version

Name:	PRS-T1cover back.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	79259  

Last edited by seabee; 11-22-2011 at 06:23 PM.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #59
chedstog
chedstog doesn't litterchedstog doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
so, has anyone come up with something similar to the cover that came with the 505? I would like to get a similar cover...
chedstog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #60
chedstog
chedstog doesn't litterchedstog doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by chedstog View Post
so, has anyone come up with something similar to the cover that came with the 505? I would like to get a similar cover...
preferably red (sorry dont know how to delete my own msg)

Last edited by chedstog; 11-25-2011 at 04:36 PM.
chedstog is offline   Reply With Quote