Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
nancyl
nancyl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
New Website:KindleIQ

There is a new website that not only lists all free e-books at Amazon (and contains direct links to each one), they offer a free service that allows you to enter Kindle titles you would like to purchase at a reduced price, and they will email you when/if the price drops at Amazon. Each title remains "active" for 180 days. You can also sign up to be emailed when Amazon adds new free content.

I recommend checking out this site. The owner told me last night he is eager for user feedback, so let him know what you like or don't like.

http://www.kindleiq.com
nancyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I'm sending this feedback:

Except for the notification function (which you need to register for), it seems exactly the same as jungle-search in terms of search parameters.

You could improve on jungle-search by including search terms for:
Text-to-Speech: Enabled/Disabled
Format: AZW/Topaz
Optimized For Larger Screens: Yes/No
Price set by publisher: Yes/No
Sales Rank (higher/lower) than X
On (any/specified) Amazon Bestsellers list: Yes/No

The Language selector needs to be more extensive, or allow type in. For example, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese. Though it looks like typing 'italian edition' in Keywords works okay, for example.

It would also be nice to enhance the Publisher search by including a pre-populated list of publishers to choose from. Since a complete list would probably be several hundred items long with frequent additions/changes, it might be good enough to restrict it to names of 'major' publishers, which would select all titles published under that name or any of its imprints, and to allow type in of a specific publisher, and to select self-published titles only.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
nancyl
nancyl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post

Except for the notification function (which you need to register for), it seems exactly the same as jungle-search in terms of search parameters.

The Language selector needs to be more extensive, or allow type in. For example, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese. Though it looks like typing 'italian edition' in Keywords works okay, for example.

It would also be nice to enhance the Publisher search by including a pre-populated list of publishers to choose from. Since a complete list would probably be several hundred items long with frequent additions/changes, it might be good enough to restrict it to names of 'major' publishers, which would select all titles published under that name or any of its imprints, and to allow type in of a specific publisher, and to select self-published titles only.

Yes, it's the same guy who created jungle-search, Christian Hupfeld. The new site is just for Kindle users, whereas jungle-search was really for Amazon purchases in general. I'm sure he'll appreciate your feedback, as he seems to be interested in making the site truly useful for Kindle users.
nancyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
chrhup
chrhup knows that there *is* no spoonchrhup knows that there *is* no spoonchrhup knows that there *is* no spoonchrhup knows that there *is* no spoonchrhup knows that there *is* no spoonchrhup knows that there *is* no spoonchrhup knows that there *is* no spoonchrhup knows that there *is* no spoonchrhup knows that there *is* no spoonchrhup knows that there *is* no spoonchrhup knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, through the Advanced Search Page, I am limited by search criteria made available through Amazon.com, so I do not know that I will be able to implement all of your suggestions. I will definitely look into them, though. The language selector should be an easy fix. When I initially added it, the listed languages were the only ones available. Now that Kindle has gone international, I'm sure there are many more available.

Christian Hupfeld
www.KindleIQ.com
chrhup is offline   Reply With Quote