Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Anyone with K2 US get 2.5 update yet?

From my reading here, Amazon and other boards, it appears that most of the 2.5 updates have been done to K2i and KDX. Anyone with a K2 US receive the 2.5 update yet? Just wondering!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Not me. I have both a K2 US and a DX US and no joy.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Not me. I have both a K2 US and a DX US and no joy.
DX from 2.3.3 to 2.5 is available: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...67&postcount=3
If you're lower than 2.3.3, you still can download 2.3.3 from Amazon: www.amazon.com/update_kindle_dx.bin

For K2 I haven't found it myself. But DX has been working (can't use most of the features though, as my DX isn't registered over here in Germany).
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
leodavilgen
leodavilgen began at the beginning.

Device: K2
A friend just got the 2.5 update. I pulled off the bin from her US Kindle 2. I put it on my kindle and clicked the update under settings, but the update failed. Does anyone know how I can make it work?
leodavilgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #5
davem2bits
Enthusiast
davem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leodavilgen View Post
A friend just got the 2.5 update. I pulled off the bin from her US Kindle 2. I put it on my kindle and clicked the update under settings, but the update failed. Does anyone know how I can make it work?
Go back to your friend, distract her "Hey look, Brad Pitt" always works for me. And switch your K2 with hers.
davem2bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
I've got TWO K2s (US) and I've yet to see hide or hair of the 2.5 update!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
leodavilgen
leodavilgen began at the beginning.

Device: K2
I've tried three times with no success.

Here is the file:

http://www.4shared.com/file/UwMI_SKl...472900057.html
leodavilgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodavilgen View Post
I've tried three times with no success.

Here is the file:

http://www.4shared.com/file/UwMI_SKl...472900057.html
Are you sure that's not the one for either the KDX or the K2i???

Derek
Old 05-15-2010, 02:36 AM   #9
wlaine
wlaine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & Fire 7" HD
The first number of the file, 431100003, is identical to the number for my Kindle 2, version 2.3.3, if that means anything. I downloaded it but haven't dared to try it yet.

Last edited by wlaine; 05-15-2010 at 02:38 AM. Reason: To be specific
wlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #10
Insomnic
Insomnic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I have a K2 US and I received the update a few days ago. I didn't do anything special - it just updated. The BIN file I pulled off of it didn't work for another person's K2 US though (updating from 2.3.3 in both cases) so I'm not sure if there's something else that is required that is missing to get it to work that way.

I didn't do anything special to get the update - just had my wireless on and then the other day I noticed "add to collection" in my menu when browsing my books.
Insomnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #11
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnic View Post
I have a K2 US and I received the update a few days ago. I didn't do anything special - it just updated. The BIN file I pulled off of it didn't work for another person's K2 US though (updating from 2.3.3 in both cases) so I'm not sure if there's something else that is required that is missing to get it to work that way.

I didn't do anything special to get the update - just had my wireless on and then the other day I noticed "add to collection" in my menu when browsing my books.
*I* have two K2 US's and I've not received them automatically nor by going into Settings (in there the update Kindle option is grayed out).

Derek