Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-03-2007, 12:55 PM   #31
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel
Sweet idea, it's great to see someone actually follow through with their ideas! The cover looks like it fits nice and snug too, and the print on it is just beautiful! Read the earlier posts about butterflies, Perhaps you can hold a contest for the most creative evolution of your idea?
Thank you again. Well actually who doesn't like butterflies, I mean honestly they are a beautful bug if you want to call them that <G> AS far as contests and making things, might be an idea. I will stop where I am, not into doing this stuff that much and I still want to order that red leather one from m-edge if they ever get that one out. Of course at this point in time I would kill for one of those dooney and bourke covers....... just bought one of their purses and very well made, so I can imagine that cover is just great too.

And yes I checked their websight and no I didn't see anything there for sale that was a e-reader cover. Maybe in time they will.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:16 PM   #32
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Say Karen!

Could you post patterns of your jacket and a quick how to for us sewing newbies?

This idea of yours could solve maintenance problems in the long run beause the reader is built to last. One could have multiple jackets to suit the mood of the day. Or pop one in the washing machine and dress the reader with an other... we're pampering that thing like they were babies, might as well have a change for it. Glad they're not diapers though. Been there done that. I'm looking forward to be a grandpa although not too soon.

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 03-09-2007 at 01:23 PM.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #33
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I didn't use a pattern! Did you ever make bookcovers in school for your school books using paper bags? Well that was what was in my mind...... I took a piece of fabric and folded it over so that I would have one seam in a lenthwise direction... I also placed the reader opened on this fabric...... allowed a little allowance for extra at the top and bottom ( I had maybe an 1/8 of an inch, could be more if you want.) on the folded over lenthwise position after getting it sized (my material was just right, I didn't need to cut it this direction) I took that stitch witchery stuff (yes you can sew it too) and ironed on the bottom hem or tacked it just to keep the material in place.....

Then I layed the reader back down on this..... I allowed three inches extra on the readers flap side and maybe an inch or two on the back side (where the snap is since it won't fit farther than the snap) I folded that over and clipped any extra.......
iron.....then I sewed up the back side first and just did a slipstitch on the edge, did the same on the other half (bottom or top,)..... slipped the reader cover inside...... then I went to work on the other half. I actually folded the material over the reader and sewed it with the reader in it because I didn't have much leeway and that is pretty much it...... stitched other end and there it was......

Hope that made sense, LMAO........ I tried.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #34
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

oh it took me about an hour I think.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:30 PM   #35
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Thanks!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:15 PM   #36
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
You can get "ready-made" book covers (stretchy material) from scool supply places, e.g. Staples, Office Depot. They come in various sizes and can stretch to fit - maybe not perfectly. I have one from staples that I'll try to find. If I do, I'll provide pictures.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #37
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Very interesting. This I WOULD like to see if you find it.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #38
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Just did a google...... found this. Wonder if this one size all fits all...... has patterns.
http://www.stretchtext.com/