Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-12-2015, 12:25 PM   #1
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Moon Reader Pro

I found an issue with the moon reader Pro. I have found at least one author's books that when converted from Kindle format to EPUB that can not be viewed correctly in moon reader pro but if I convert that book to MOBI then moon reader shows it correctly. But I can take that EPUB version into FB2 on my Nexus tablet and it will show correctly.
Can anyone help me figure this out.
On request I can give you an example.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:45 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I found an issue with the moon reader Pro. I have found at least one author's books that when converted from Kindle format to EPUB that can not be viewed correctly in moon reader pro but if I convert that book to MOBI then moon reader shows it correctly. But I can take that EPUB version into FB2 on my Nexus tablet and it will show correctly.
Can anyone help me figure this out.
On request I can give you an example.
The author didn't make the book correctly. You best bet it to convert to Mobi then to epub or you can try converting to azw3 then converting to epub. More than likely some messed up coding in the book that Calibre cleans out when converting to another format.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #3
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just tried converting from azw3 to epub and I have the same issue. I have also tried to go from mobi to epub and still have the same issue. But if I use the fb2 ebook reader I can read the epub version of the book. There seems to be an issue in moon reader.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:18 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I just tried converting from azw3 to epub and I have the same issue. I have also tried to go from mobi to epub and still have the same issue. But if I use the fb2 ebook reader I can read the epub version of the book. There seems to be an issue in moon reader.
Have you tried validating the epub? That may tell you what's wrong. It's possible FB2 can read it because it doesn't abide by strict epub validation rules. Mantano is even more strict than Moon+.

I believe that Calibre's edit book may have tests that you can run on the code. It's been awhile since I messed with it.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:26 PM   #5
cvkemp
Loving life

This is what I found out something in the way the book is being cleaned of the DRM is killing the TOC in the ebooks.
Advert
Old 01-14-2015, 11:28 AM   #6
cvkemp
Loving life

Yes I am finally learning something new I figured out how to repair the TOC in the books. It does take a little bit of time but well worth the effort.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #7
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=moon+reader
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:27 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
I have never had an issue like this. Very Odd.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:45 PM   #9
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I am currently reading a book that has all the chapters in the TOC with the name of the book instead of the chapter name. It reads correctly in every other app I've tried. It's a book of short stories so the TOC is very valuable to me for that. I'm reading it using AlReader which has a lot of customizations just like Moon+ does. This was an Amazon book that I used the Kindle unpack plugin on and there was no DRM.

I've also had problems like in the other thread where if a page or section was not in the TOC Moon+ will just skip over it.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:20 PM   #10
cvkemp
Loving life

At least now I have learned how to fix it using calibre.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:41 PM   #11
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What I believe is going on is that with epubs only Moon Reader links to the next chapter through the Table of Contents where there is a table of contents. In this it seems to be alone amongst the major applications, or perhaps the others have better error checking. It does not seem to have anything to do with Calibre or drm removal, but with the original ebook file.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:51 PM   #12
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Quote:
At least now I have learned how to fix it using calibre.
How did you fix it? Or can you point me in the right direction? I have the same TOC problem and I'd really rather use Moon+.

Thanks.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:03 PM   #13
cvkemp
Loving life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
How did you fix it? Or can you point me in the right direction? I have the same TOC problem and I'd really rather use Moon+.

Thanks.
I used calibre edit book options to fix it manually myself. The ebook has to be in either epub then I went to tools in menu and TOC and repaired it myself.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:12 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Can someone here post the code that Moon+ is seeing wrong? I'd like to look at it myself.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:12 PM   #15
darryl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Can someone here post the code that Moon+ is seeing wrong? I'd like to look at it myself.
It's a while since my thread and I can't recall any of the particular books. However, the one I referred to in my post started life as an Amazon azw3 file. The TOC had each chapter linking to the beginning of the Book, which carried over to the converted epub. Hopefully one of the more recent posters can provide you with a copy of an affected epub.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I've mostly abandoned reading on Android in favour of the Kobo H2O.