Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-05-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Gen3 manual?

I am missing something, or is there no manual supplied with the Gen3? I was expecting something, even if only a brief introduction. All I got in the box was a single sheet of paper; no manual on the Gen3 itself.

It's not obvious to me what all the buttons do. What is the purpose of the bottom button on the left side, for example?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The manual wasn't on the device itself?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2007, 10:53 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No. The single sheet of paper refers to a "User Guide" on the device, but it's not there. Anyone else have the "User Guide" in their Gen3 library?
Old 11-05-2007, 11:15 AM   #4
Robert1325
Enthusiast
Robert1325 began at the beginning.

Device: Paper, Cybook g3
I cannot find it either :S
Robert1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No. The single sheet of paper refers to a "User Guide" on the device, but it's not there. Anyone else have the "User Guide" in their Gen3 library?
In order from the top button on the left side (And I'm using my words not Bookeen's.):

1. Music - Brings up the music/mp3 player.
2. Menu - Whether looking at images, reading ebooks or playing music this brings up the contextual menu.
3. Back - If you've used a Bookmark or Go To function, this will go 'back' to the previous position.
4. Delete - Yep. A delete function. I'm not sure at this point if it is tied to a particular command sequence.

On the right side:

1. Volume Up - Pretty much self-explanatory.
2. Volume Down - Same thing.
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thanks Derek - I see now that the symbols on the buttons are intended to be read sideways, and they do make sense. The "Delete" button doesn't seem to do anything at all for me - the light at the top right corner flashes briefly, but nothing seems to happen.

My initial impressions of the Gen3 are very favourable. The screen is very clear - much better than my Sony Reader PRS500, and on a par with that of the iLiad. The PC connectivity works beautifully; when you plug it in you get two drives on the PC; one for the CyBook itself and another for the SD card.

I think I'm going to enjoy using it!

I've e-mailed Bookeen to enquire about the user guide. I suspect that they just haven't got around to writing it yet .
Old 11-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
They can send it in PRC or PDF format by email. So we can read it on the Cybook

Sofar I managed to get it up and running with only the Startup Guide
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:25 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I could post the 505 user guide. It's in a PDF the right size for the Gen3. That way you'd have a user guide to read.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:07 PM   #9
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I could post the 505 user guide. It's in a PDF the right size for the Gen3. That way you'd have a user guide to read.
That was cruel Jon. I liked it; but, it was cruel.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
On the back of the Quick Start Guide there is a 'point 5' that refers to the manual on the Cybook. But I'm afraid they were a bit in a hurry
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #11
zandor
zandor is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook G3 (in order)
indeed indeed,

manual is missing
but hey..... do we really care ? put a document online and it's ok.
zandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:16 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I've received a reply from Bookeen saying that there's been a delay on the manual, and they'll e-mail it to me on Wed. With Bookeen's permission I'll post it on the forum when I get it.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:33 AM   #13
zandor
zandor is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook G3 (in order)
i'm happy they didn't wait to ship the readers, because of the manuals
zandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:35 AM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've received a reply from Bookeen saying that there's been a delay on the manual, and they'll e-mail it to me on Wed. With Bookeen's permission I'll post it on the forum when I get it.
Well, with all the information posted here you guys should just write one
Send me a unit and I'll take a stab at it

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:00 PM   #15
Rosaen
Rosaen began at the beginning.

Device: esperando Cybook
Need Help, I have just received my cybook, but is not user manual, someone I can say paa serving the four buttons on the left and the two buttons on the right? If it is not too much to ask, I can say in Spanish ? , to pass the translator google, I get it wrong, thanks
Rosaen is offline   Reply With Quote