Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
kojak666
kojak666 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problems updating to 0.6.30

I'm trying to update from 0.6.25 which worked great under Linux Mint. When I run the binary installer (which is how I've installed all previous versions) I get the following output:

Extracting files to /opt/calibre ...
Extracting application files...
Creating symlinks...
Symlinking /opt/calibre/fetch-ebook-metadata to /usr/bin/fetch-ebook-metadata
Symlinking /opt/calibre/lrf2lrs to /usr/bin/lrf2lrs
Symlinking /opt/calibre/ebook-convert to /usr/bin/ebook-convert
Symlinking /opt/calibre/ebook-meta to /usr/bin/ebook-meta
Symlinking /opt/calibre/pdfmanipulate to /usr/bin/pdfmanipulate
Symlinking /opt/calibre/lrfviewer to /usr/bin/lrfviewer
Symlinking /opt/calibre/calibre to /usr/bin/calibre
Symlinking /opt/calibre/markdown-calibre to /usr/bin/markdown-calibre
Symlinking /opt/calibre/calibre-debug to /usr/bin/calibre-debug
Symlinking /opt/calibre/calibre-parallel to /usr/bin/calibre-parallel
Symlinking /opt/calibre/web2disk to /usr/bin/web2disk
Symlinking /opt/calibre/calibre-server to /usr/bin/calibre-server
Symlinking /opt/calibre/calibre-customize to /usr/bin/calibre-customize
Symlinking /opt/calibre/ebook-viewer to /usr/bin/ebook-viewer
Symlinking /opt/calibre/calibre-smtp to /usr/bin/calibre-smtp
Symlinking /opt/calibre/lrs2lrf to /usr/bin/lrs2lrf
Symlinking /opt/calibre/ebook-device to /usr/bin/ebook-device
Symlinking /opt/calibre/librarything to /usr/bin/librarything
Symlinking /opt/calibre/calibredb to /usr/bin/calibredb
Setting up bash completion...

____________________ WARNING ____________________
Setting up completion failed with error:
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 12, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/customize/builtins.py", line 393, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf/output.py", line 18, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf/writer.py", line 22, in <module>
File "ExtensionLoader_PyQt4_QtWebKit.py", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.10' not found (required by /opt/calibre/libQtNetwork.so.4)

Trying to setup udev rules...
Installing MAN pages...

Installing MAN pages failed with error:
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 12, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/customize/builtins.py", line 393, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf/output.py", line 18, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf/writer.py", line 22, in <module>
ImportError: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.10' not found (required by /opt/calibre/libQtNetwork.so.4)

Setting up desktop integration...
There were 2 warnings
* Setting up completion failed with error:

* Installing MAN pages failed with error:

Run "calibre" to start calibre
phil@phil-desktop ~ $ calibre
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/init.py", line 46, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/meta.py", line 11, in <module>
phil@phil-desktop ~ $ calibre
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/meta.py", line 11, in <module>
phil@phil-desktop ~ $ sudo python -c "import urllib2; exec urllib2.urlopen('http://status.calibre-ebook.com/linux_installer').read(); main()"
Enter the installation directory for calibre [/opt]: asdf
Will download and install calibre-0.6.30-i686.tar.bz2
Downloading calibre-0.6.30-i686.tar.bz2
100% [================================================== ====================]
Extracting files to /home/phil/asdf/calibre ...
Extracting application files...
Creating symlinks...
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/fetch-ebook-metadata to /usr/bin/fetch-ebook-metadata
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/lrf2lrs to /usr/bin/lrf2lrs
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/ebook-convert to /usr/bin/ebook-convert
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/ebook-meta to /usr/bin/ebook-meta
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/pdfmanipulate to /usr/bin/pdfmanipulate
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/lrfviewer to /usr/bin/lrfviewer
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/calibre to /usr/bin/calibre
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/markdown-calibre to /usr/bin/markdown-calibre
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/calibre-debug to /usr/bin/calibre-debug
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/calibre-parallel to /usr/bin/calibre-parallel
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/web2disk to /usr/bin/web2disk
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/calibre-server to /usr/bin/calibre-server
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/calibre-customize to /usr/bin/calibre-customize
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/ebook-viewer to /usr/bin/ebook-viewer
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/calibre-smtp to /usr/bin/calibre-smtp
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/lrs2lrf to /usr/bin/lrs2lrf
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/ebook-device to /usr/bin/ebook-device
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/librarything to /usr/bin/librarything
Symlinking /home/phil/asdf/calibre/calibredb to /usr/bin/calibredb
Setting up bash completion...

Setting up completion failed with error:
ImportError: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.10' not found (required by /home/phil/asdf/calibre/libQtNetwork.so.4)

Trying to setup udev rules...
Installing MAN pages...

Installing MAN pages failed with error:
ImportError: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.10' not found (required by /home/phil/asdf/calibre/libQtNetwork.so.4)

Setting up desktop integration...
There were 2 warnings
* Setting up completion failed with error:

* Installing MAN pages failed with error:

Run "calibre" to start calibre

And when I try to run calibre I get the following output/error

I've updated my repository and tried installing everything I can find relating to libc6. but still no joy. Any help in getting this updated, or at least reverted to a working version would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil
kojak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/4300
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
kojak666

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to install the previous version from sourceforge. I'm still confused though. According to synaptic I have the glibc-source as well as libc and libc6-dev packages installed and the version is 2.94ubuntu6.1 which should be newer than the 2.10 it's asking for right?

If this is a really dumb question someone please tell me and I'll move on with my life.

Thanks
Phil
Old 12-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
2.94 means glibc 2.9 which is older than glibc 2.10
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #5
kojak666

Again, thanks for the response. I've got 6.29 running now and all is well. I was thinking 2.10 = 2.1.
Advert

Tags
calibre, install, linux, mint