Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
samread
samread began at the beginning.

Device: 505
505, memory cards and Mac

Hi! Perhaps someone can help me with a Mac problem. My 505 was initially registered on a PC. Now, using my Mac, I have bought ebooks from Waterstones online and have copied them to an SD memory card. I thought that putting the card in the reader should display the books - but it doesn't. Is there a way of doing this?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
samread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Yes there is: don't copy them on your SD card, but on the main storage, in the folder called Digital Editions, and it should work fine.

You CAN try to creat such a folder on your SD Card, but I've never tried it myself. Bottom line, you need a special folder for these files.
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
samread
samread began at the beginning.

Device: 505
The main storage of what? Do you mean from the Mac directly to the reader?
samread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Yep. The Sony reader has internal storage in addition to being able to accept SD cards. On my Mac, when I plug the reader in, it mounts a disk called "SONY READER". If you open it, and if you have already authorised the device on a PC once, you will find the "Digital Editions" folder.
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote