Old 08-16-2008, 03:47 AM   #1
markiehill
Connoisseur
markiehill doesn't littermarkiehill doesn't litter

Petition for Mobipocket on Sony Reader

http://www.mobipocket.com/forum/view...?p=48710#48710

Please sign if you support

Don't suppose it will help , but you never know

Even if you don't have a Sony Reader, please support the petition as this will help keep Mobipocket format alive.

Last edited by markiehill; 08-16-2008 at 04:02 AM.
markiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:51 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've replied to your thread. Good luck!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2008, 07:57 AM   #3
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I've added myself too, fingers crossed
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Me too.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Even me!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2008, 01:17 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by markiehill View Post

Even if you don't have a Sony Reader, please support the petition as this will help keep Mobipocket format alive.
I assume you are looking for NON-DRM support, since Mobi won't allow the device to have another DRM format supported on it. And, if this is the case and you have non-DRMed Mobi it is very easy to convert. So, I'm not sure what you are wanting here.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:57 PM   #7
markiehill
Connoisseur

I want DRM support for the device, pocket pc's support DRM ebooks and mobipocket DRM so they can do it when it suits them.

Mark
Old 08-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #8
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I think the reluctance would be on Sony's part, not Mobipocket's. But Sony's recent embrace of EPUB does give hope. So Mobi might be the wrong party to petition (though I've added my voice).

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 08-18-2008 at 09:07 AM. Reason: home corrected to hope
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #9
Argel
Opinionated [but right]
Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS 505, Kindle International, HTC Desire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I assume you are looking for NON-DRM support, since Mobi won't allow the device to have another DRM format supported on it. And, if this is the case and you have non-DRMed Mobi it is very easy to convert. So, I'm not sure what you are wanting here.

BOb
As I remember, when the Astak machines were first being discussed, their man was very clear that Mobipocket would not grant a licence unless Mobi was to be the only DRM format supported on the device.

Last edited by Argel; 08-16-2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Tiredness
Argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:36 PM   #10
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:

Er, The Sony Reader's biggest competition is the Amazon Kindle, which uses the Mobipocket format.

Amazon owns Mobipocket. How enthusiastic do you think they'll be about their subsidiary licensing the format to the Kindle's biggest competitor?

I'd guess, not very...
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:54 PM   #11
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i posted
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:56 PM   #12
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Posted.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #13
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Er, The Sony Reader's biggest competition is the Amazon Kindle, which uses the Mobipocket format.

Amazon owns Mobipocket. How enthusiastic do you think they'll be about their subsidiary licensing the format to the Kindle's biggest competitor?

I'd guess, not very...
My thoughts exactly.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:59 PM   #14
markiehill
Connoisseur

I dont think it does any harm to make the point !

Mark
Old 08-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #15
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
I dont think it does any harm to make the point !

Mark
No, it doesn't. Just don't cherish any expectations that it will happen. Mobipocket won't want to do it, and even if they did, I doubt their corporate parent would let them.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!