Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
DolphinHD
DolphinHD is on a distinguished road

Device: iriver StoryHD, Nexus 7
On which device(s) are you waiting for?

Is there any upcoming (mainly reading) device on which you are waiting for or you think it is worth to wait for?

From what i know there will be 3 new devices in the near future:

- new Kindle reader (i don't like the Kindle concept - so i'm not considering this one)

- Sony PSR T2 (from what i've heard the will only be marginally innovations)

- new B&N with revolutionary screen technology (for myself i hope the new screen will be a e-ink color screen)

So what do you think?
DolphinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I am interested in at least seeing what the T2 is going to be like. I probably will not buy one as I have only had my t1 for less than a year, and am really thrilled with it.

I have heard "rumors" the Kobo may release something this fall, but it's just rumours. If a new model of e-ink reader came out I'll be watching the results of that, because I not impressed with the Kobo Touch right now (My husband inherited my rejected one) when compared to my beloved Sony.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Google - Asus Nexus 7, as a reader for magazines, comics and eBook novels

Bit overpriced here in Australia but should be cheaper as the supply gets better
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I am waiting for the rumored iPad mini & Kindle Fire 2 to compare with the Nexus 7. I really like the smaller size on a tablet. Also, I'd like to see the new Kindle Touch with built in light.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #5
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I'm waiting on an Australian-sold-and-supported front-lit 6 inch e-ink device, perhaps Kobo or (if no other good options) Kindle.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I am waiting on details about the Sony T2. I'm still happy with my K3 & Fire, but I'd be tempted by a Kindle Touch with a built-in light.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I am waiting for a Kindle Touch with a dark bezel, a cover view option on the home page, page turn buttons. Would also prefer an HD screen and a bigger memory capacity.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:56 AM   #8
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
I´m waiting for T2, anxious for hd screen and glow light...

Quote:
Sony PSR T2 (from what i've heard the will only be marginally innovations)
Where do you heard it?
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I want a 5" eInk reader the same size as the Galaxy Player 5
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
I'm tempted to get N7, but I'll wait to see what Microsoft will be offering soon.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #11
charmian
Addict
charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW2
E-ink readers: none, except for possibly the Japanese edition of the Kindle.

There are some LCD tablets I'm interested in, but I don't consider those reading devices. Nexus 7 has heralded the end of the dedicated LCD reading device.
charmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:13 AM   #12
DolphinHD

@ ersott:

http://www.shopereaders.com/product-p/sony-prs-t2.htm

Quote:
The new Sony PRS-T2 will feature an e-ink Pearl display with a resolution of 800×600 pixels. It will have the same infrared technology found in the Kobo Touch and Amazon Kindle Touch. This will allow for pin-point accuracy when you interact with the touchscreen. It will also have full Wi-Fi internet connectivity to tap into the Sony Book Store.
and other german/austrian sources:

http://www.teltarif.de/sony-prs-t2-t...ews/47388.html

it says: 6" e-ink pearl screen with 800x600 pixels, slightly better touchscreen then T1, WLAN, microSD slot.

http://cme.at/geruecht/sony-prs-t2-s...r-ebook-store/

they are expecting - and that is what i would appreciate:
6" e-ink pearl XGA screen with 1024x768 (or more?) with glowlight, WLAN, microSD slot, and a dull bezel. BUT its the older entry..
Old 07-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #13
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
That link to pre-order a T2 from Shopereader is crap. How can something that hasn't even been announced by the manufacturer be available for pre-order from some third party??
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #14
DolphinHD

As addition to the upcoming readers:

Onyx has just posted a video showing their latest device. It's a prototype of a 6" touch e-reader with glowlight. For me it looks like a modified Boox i62 and i've read comments saying the same. So maybe this could be a new competitor to Amazon's upcoming glowlight-equipped Kindle?

Video of the device:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDI4NDcyODIw.html

Also seen on:

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20.../#.UBmP6aNy37o
Old 08-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinHD View Post
As addition to the upcoming readers:

Onyx has just posted a video showing their latest device. It's a prototype of a 6" touch e-reader with glowlight. For me it looks like a modified Boox i62 and i've read comments saying the same. So maybe this could be a new competitor to Amazon's upcoming glowlight-equipped Kindle?

Video of the device:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDI4NDcyODIw.html

Also seen on:

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20.../#.UBmP6aNy37o
If it is onyx boox i62hd, i'm interesting in this device
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote