Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-25-2011, 05:55 AM   #1
eBooksgp
Connoisseur
eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Wink The Boy Who Had Nothing... FREE!!!

Hello people!

Please have a read of my new short story.

The Boy Who Had Nothing

Toby is only 9 years old and has to put up with a lot. Coming from a poor family, he gets picked on in school and has no friends. However, Toby soon shows what he is capable of in this moving seasonal short story about the boy who had nothing.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/108237

Thank you.... GP
eBooksgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:08 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've had a glance at it, and it is chock full of punctuation errors and spelling mistakes. PLEASE take the time to properly proof-read your work before publishing it - it's this kind of shoddy work that gives independent authors a bad reputation.

A few examples from the first couple of pages:

Quote:
I then hear the voice I’d been waiting for, my mothers
Quote:
Now each your breakfast.
Quote:
This just shows to the others kids
It doesn't matter how good the story is if you don't get the basics of grammar, spelling and punctuation correct. Language is an author's basic tool; you must know how to use it correctly.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:14 AM   #3
eBooksgp
Connoisseur
eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Harry T, thanks for the feedback... I'll get this sorted.

I’m extremely embarrassed at your comment although justified; I had a company proof read this for me, which I paid for grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cheers

Gareth

Last edited by eBooksgp; 11-25-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
eBooksgp
Connoisseur

FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please have a read of my new short story.

The Boy Who Had Nothing

Toby is only 9 years old and has to put up with a lot. Coming from a poor family, he gets picked on in school and has no friends. However, Toby soon shows what he is capable of in this moving seasonal short story about the boy who had nothing.

Thank you.... GP
Old 12-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
eBooksgp
Connoisseur

Toby is only 9 years old and puts up with a lot from the other kids in school. Coming from a poor family, he gets picked on and unfortunately has no friends. However, Toby soon shows everyone what he is capable of and that strength comes from within. “A heart warming seasonal short story, that you cant put down”

Old 12-19-2011, 08:28 AM   #6
eBooksgp
Connoisseur

Toby is only 9 years old and puts up with a lot from the other kids in school. Coming from a poor family, he gets picked on and unfortunately has no friends. However, Toby soon shows everyone what he is capable of and that strength comes from within. “A heart warming seasonal short story, that you cant put down”