Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
HelenaJole
Connoisseur
HelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
I downloaded a book from the library and got the wrong book!

Has this ever happened to you? I checked out The Name of the Wind--the file had the right title and author on it, but the book was some vampire story.
HelenaJole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Being incredibly compulsive with my library's offerings, I have noticed a couple of instances where Overdrive has listed one book, with a completely different description. Say, "Famous Battles of World War II" with a summary of "A comprehensive guide to breast-feeding your newborn ...."
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Yes.......it happens.

Just notify the library and let them know.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Borders bookshop often has totally incorrect graphics of book "covers" on their shop site - and often quite funny! I guess it's boring doing those database entries,,,,,,
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
It happened to me today - the correct title + author is shown @ ADE, but it's a completely different book, with the wrong book's cover art. The fellow at my library said he'd heard of it a couple of times before; he thinks it's a publisher error affecting the title in Overdrive system-wide, not just our library. When I asked "What next?", he replied that when Overdrive gets the message he's sending them (next business day), they'll delete the title (so it'll get taken off my own Items Out list), request the publisher send them the correct book, and then send me a (5 day) hold notice when they've added the corrected item.

Since someone's bound to ask:

The book I thought I was getting (and will eventually): The House at Royal Oak by Carol Rizzoli

The one that actually appeared: Where are they bured? How did they die? by Tod Benoit (which my library doesn't own as an Overdrive title, but I read in print and liked!).
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert