Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
Adobe ADE cautionary note for you

BEWARE ADE USERS!

One important item I just discovered related to ADE on JB and ALP.

I have a JB @ FW .35a and an ALP @ FW .17d

While doing some testing on both my ALP and JB I did a "Restore Defaults". Doing this apparently deletes your Activation.xml that resides in the .adobe folder on your unit.
Fortunately I keep a backup of the .adobe.... folder from each of my devices on my harddrive. Each under their own vendor name.
Beware ADE users.

I discovered this while try out an experiment. The "Restore Default" was done earlier to see what would change and was not related to this test.
I did not think of checking the .adobe.... folder after the restore.

The test that brought this to light ....
I re-used a urllink.acsm file that was old to see if it would still work. It did and when ADE started up I had my ALP already connected - it stated that I needed to authorize the device - so I did. I had done this in the past so I was curious. I shutdown ADE-PC and connected my JB to check out the .adobe.... folder. The folder was there but it was empty. I started ADE-PC and it did not even recognize the JB. I refreshed the .adobe.... folder with my back-up and all is well. I did not have to re-authorize the JB.

Something to keep in mind for future "Restore Default" under the "Settings" from main menu.

Addition thought added

The ALP comes with ADE support so it was recognized even though the Authorization file was lost.

The JB did not come with ADE support so if you did not take a back-up of your .adobe.... folder you may have to re-install the last FW you did that gave you the ADE support.
My JB was not recognized by the ADE-PC software even though the .adobe... folder was there but it was empty.

Somebody mentioned that JB was not on Adobe's web site list but the ALP was. One has to keep in mind that the JB just recently got ADE support. It is up to Adobe to update their website not Ectaco.

Last edited by jlg432; 07-23-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added more info
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote