Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #241
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Finally read a freebie, and it was terrific. Never know what you will get. If you were lucky enough to get it for free, or have a couple $$ to spend, it is fabulous.

http://www.amazon.com/Hopeless-ebook...colleen+hoover

Read it in one day.
When was it a freebie? Don't know how the heck I missed that one!
I too enjoyed 'Slammed', but not so much 'Point of Retreat'.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #242
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I repurchased many of the Harlequin titles I had bought at Kobo when they first opened when they had that wonderful $4 off coupon the Christmas before last. Of the ones I didn't, I had already converted to HTML and fixed that way.

I don't really understand the whole CSS and XML stuff. I know just enough basic HTML and regular expressions to know I don't know anything
This is different from those. I have like 5 of the type you're talking about and I did the same with that coupon and rebought them.

I've only gotten two I know of from Kobo that were newer kepub. Unlike the older kepub which is plain text, these have pics, italics, chapter headers marked...they are the publisher's epub but they just have all the kobo JavaScript code in them that makes them look huge and you can't change font sizes or font type.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #243
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
If anyone downloaded the Rita Herron Looking for Love box set (Husband Hunting 101, Here Comes the Bride, Under the Covers) on Feb 12 or 13th from Amazon, they need to redownload it. Chapter 10 was missing from the second book. I emailed the author and she reuploaded it, though now it also has some sample chapters in the middle. I split the bundle into individual books, so I just deleted the extra.
I checked mine and yes it's missing chapter 10.

Karen, you can open it in Calibre and look at the TOC. There is one. It's a mobi file. You will see Chapter 10 is not in there. No way to update it that I can tell.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #244
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Diesel Deal of the Day!

Another Kensington book! $0.80 Hurry!

More Than This by Shannyn Schroeder
(Contemporary Romance)
Publisher: Kensington (2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #245
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
When was it a freebie? Don't know how the heck I missed that one!
I too enjoyed 'Slammed', but not so much 'Point of Retreat'.
Wow, I checked and I actually paid for it. I don't usually do that, unless it is something I want to read right away. I bought this last year.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #246
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Wow, I checked and I actually paid for it. I don't usually do that, unless it is something I want to read right away. I bought this last year.
I go through Lendle.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #247
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Thanks, I will check it out!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #248
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
A Pocketful of Paradise by Maureen Child
http://www.amazon.com/A-Pocketful-of.../dp/B009L7Z0O4

Found this via a Facebook link, and laughed because all the reviews are directed to Child's alter-ego Kathleen Kane.

First published in 1997.

And might I just say I detest when the book description only contains reviews.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #249
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Eloisa James A Kiss At Midnight is 99 cents at Amazon and B&N.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #250
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I have reward bucks with them as well... my suggestion is to use them on your wish list. I'm just trying to decide which of them I want to use the bonus on. I'm strongly leaning towards Kaje Harper's latest.
Which one? I love her stuff but have trouble explaining it to my friends--"Well, yeah, it's a gay werewolf romance but it's a really GOOD gay werewolf romance..."
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #251
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Which one? I love her stuff but have trouble explaining it to my friends--"Well, yeah, it's a gay werewolf romance but it's a really GOOD gay werewolf romance..."
Ghosts and Flames. Technically not her latest, I know, but the latest addition to ARe.

And it was a very good werewolf romance. I liked the sequel too, but I'm not a fan of the first-person writing style. I hope she doesn't switch over to that.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #252
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Free today only: Seduced by Him by Elle Spencer
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #253
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebie

Always by Deb Stover (Zebra 1999)

Quote:
Returning to her tiny hometown of Digby, Colorado to begin her medical career, young Dr. Taylor Bowen is shocked to discover the half-naked, gorgeous body of her first patient belongs to a man she hoped never to see again.

Gordon Lane had been her true love, her only love, until he betrayed her in the worst possible way. But as Taylor and Gordon find themselves together again, stirring up memories, can they find the courage to reclaim an old love -- and open their hearts to timeless passion.
Repeat Freebie

Another Dawn by Deb Stover (Zebra 1998)

Quote:
Convicted of a murder he didn't commit at age 18, Luke Nolan has spent his adult life on Death Row. The night of his execution brings Sofie, a beautiful young doctor who will pronounce him dead, and a benevolent priest to his side. When a freak explosion throws him back to another century along with Sofie, who has lost her memory, he sees a chance for a future in the past--Another Dawn he was never meant to see. As long as Sofie never remembers who he is, of course--or does it really matter a century in the past? Even as his feelings for her grow even stronger than his need to protect her in this strange world...? A man with no future and a woman with no past!
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #254
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Kindle Freebie

Always by Deb Stover (Zebra 1999)

I didn't have this one.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #255
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

Pushed Too Far (A Thriller) by Ann Voss Peterson
(Former Harlequin Author)

She left Harlequin after she claims being treated quite badly by them and was very vocal about it on a blog. This is her self published book.