Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
MrB
Very Slow Learner
MrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
Fonts supported in ADE

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. Please suggest a more appropriate one if necessary.

There is one occasion where I want a list to appear as though it has been hand-written so in my CSS I have put:

font-family: "Lucida Handwriting", "Bradley Hand", Serif;

The Lucida font appears fine in Sigil. ADE makes absolutely no distinction between the list and the Garamond font that is used everywhere else.

Does anyone know, please, where I can find a list of fonts that will appear in ADE so that I can make the necessary adjustments.

Many thanks.
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Did you embed the font?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
MrB
Very Slow Learner
MrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-books

No.

I have come across the phrase but had thought it related only to PDFs.

Would you be kind enough to point me in the right direction? I did a quick search in the forums but this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=embed+fonts

is way over my head

Thanks again.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
That thread is for a different software (Writer2epub), you should search in the Sigil forum. This thread may be a good start.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
MrB
Very Slow Learner

Thank you very much for the link - I shall get onto it promptly

I must say, you are the least frumious Bandersnatch I've ever encountered - though I supposed you've had a bit of time to mellow since 1872

Advert
Old 10-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
MrB
Very Slow Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
This thread may be a good start.
Indeed, that was exactly what I needed. Many thanks again, Jellby.