Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-15-2007, 04:56 AM   #46
jbui
jbui began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
ipdf for 2.11

Regarding the updated ipdf for version 2.11 I have some doubts about the resulting power saving features. Version 2.11 has already implemented power saving, will this be deactivated by ipdf? If not, will it result in more time of use without recharging?
jbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #47
JimBob1971
Enthusiast
JimBob1971 began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad v2
Guys, I put the 2.11 installer mentioned in a few posts above on the root of my CF card. Clicked on it - It thought about it, but nothing much seemed to happen. I opened a PDF and it seemed to be the old one. My Iliad has the newest firmware.... am I doning something wrong? (Yes, I hace shell access)

EDIT: I've just found a 2.12 installer - will try that. Am I right in thinking there are various patches and add-ons knocking around?

Last edited by JimBob1971; 03-11-2008 at 10:06 AM.
JimBob1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #48
jasem200
Enthusiast
jasem200 began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
hi Guys

i'm sorry but i'm new for iLiad and i still hav a problem installing ports. please help me
i transfered the port to my main memory
click on install.xml ( nothing happend)
click on install_ipdf ( start blinking )
then when i click on ipdf nothing happend

this is what i have on my iliad screen
Attached Images
File Type: bmp iLiad.bmp (225.1 KB, 532 views)
jasem200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #49
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
You're better off installing the version in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22152
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #50
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
First make sure that you have you iliad setup for installing 3rd party apps. See this post.

Once you are sure you have it set up for installing apps see if this helps with installing versions of ipdf.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #51
vinicius0881
vinicius0881 began at the beginning.

Device: EBW1150
bookmarks-lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
As another suggestion, could ipdf be hacked so that one could select text (in a text-based PDF file) and save its location in the scribble file, then search for it later? Sort of a "bookmarks-lite". Later, if merged, they could turn into real bookmarks, but meanwhile at least one would be able to mark passages on the iLiad and find them again.
hi guys i've been doing a lot of research on a feature similar to this nekokami's mentioned but i just can't find it anywhere.

more specifically, i'd like my scribbles/text-selections (whatever, be it a selection on text based PDF file, be it a scribbled circle around some region on an image) to be automatically collected/put together on a separate file, say "textmarks" or "highlights". would anyone please help me find this feature somewhere?

for example i wished i could go on reading and selecting text/scribbling circles around paragraphs. when finished, there would be an option to extract these selections/circled regions and gather/sum up these things on a separate file all at once by processing the hole document(or a given page range).

thanks for reading all this and apologies for my poor english; it's soo important to me... so does anyone has any clue on whether this feature already exists or where else should i be asking this question? i'm new to all this and this feature would justify by itself my iliad purchase.
vinicius0881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:41 PM   #52
siman007
siman007 began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Make files

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmt View Post
Well, I've done some more fiddling and come up with a version which seems to do what I want. Specifically:

1. Blended scribble (so I can use them for highlighting)

2. Browsing history (so I can jump to figures/references and back)

3. Jumping between scribbles (so I can see what edits I've made)

I attach a file with src/*cpp src/ipdf and inc/*.h - see a previous message in this thread.

_long_ presses on the buttons do:

up - toggle fullscreen
dot - toggle scribble/viewing mode
down - toggle toolbar

in scribble mode you can see the scribbles, and _short_ presses do:

up - last scribble (in page order)
dot - toggle black/thin pen and grey/thick pen
down - next scribble (in page order

in viewing mode you don't see the scribbles, and _short_ presses do:

up - last page/link
dot - refresh
down - next page/link

The history is like a web browser - all previous page turns/links are stored.

I think this might be useful for others on other threads who have mentioned they want to use the Illiad for editing technical documents - I am half way through someone's thesis and this is working fine.

Hi I'm trying to build this version to go on my Iliad (2.12) - but don't seem to be able to get the make files correct (infact I'm not sure I'm building it correctly!!) could you post them? Cheers si
PS I wanted to build first before I look at making changes.
siman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #53
swamp
swamp began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Ilaid Book Edition
Do you have ipdf for the version 2.12?
swamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #54
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
You can find it here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22152
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all-in-one, ipdf