Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 02:26 AM   #2581
f-j-p
f-j-p began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@f-j-p: Of course it does, you just uninstalled the jailbreak ;-). I meant retry the *install* after a reboot.
Ok, now it worked. jb 0.11 is installed now.

But I still cannot upgrade to 3.4...
f-j-p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:26 AM   #2582
IsaacA
IsaacA began at the beginning.

Device: kindle d01100
Just purchased a new kindle (5th generation I think) d01100 is the model number on it wi-fi only and no special offers software version is 4.1.0 and I'm wondering if this will root it or just fubar me as I am itching to personalize it
IsaacA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #2583
grapherd
grapherd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
@NiLuJe, it seen i have some problem when the last i connect via ssh
i may change some system document then the later update always get error
and i have install dukan before, but i uninstall now.

i have test uninstall jailbreak, get U007
install new dukan, get U004
connect to kindle support, special offers is back, but still get U007

and i can't update to version 3.4, too (U007)

is there any way to recover system file or what?

thanks
grapherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #2584
Helgetus
Zealot
Helgetus doesn't litterHelgetus doesn't litter

Device: PW1, PW2, KB3G, Sony PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by f-j-p View Post
Ok, now it worked. jb 0.11 is installed now.

But I still cannot upgrade to 3.4...
Hi, I could not install the 3.4 update either. My K3-3G B00A version 3.3. First I uninstalled all hacks and the jailbreak (I was on 0.9.N). Then the update 3.4 worked. After that I installed the jailbreak "update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3g-3.2.1_install.bin". That worked, too. Then I installed my SS and fonts hacks again.

Worked fine for me. Yep, it takes time.
Helgetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #2585
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacA View Post
Just purchased a new kindle (5th generation I think) d01100 is the model number on it wi-fi only and no special offers software version is 4.1.0 and I'm wondering if this will root it or just fubar me as I am itching to personalize it
That model is known here as the: K4 or K4 non-touch, or K4NT

You can set the forum listing here to display just the "K4" tag items as a start in finding the information you need.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #2586
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That model is known here as the: K4 or K4 non-touch, or K4NT

You can set the forum listing here to display just the "K4" tag items as a start in finding the information you need.
And look for K4 in the master index sticky thread, of course.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #2587
f-j-p

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helgetus View Post
Hi, I could not install the 3.4 update either. My K3-3G B00A version 3.3. First I uninstalled all hacks and the jailbreak (I was on 0.9.N). Then the update 3.4 worked. After that I installed the jailbreak "update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3g-3.2.1_install.bin". That worked, too. Then I installed my SS and fonts hacks again.

Worked fine for me. Yep, it takes time.
Thanks a bunch! I also uninstalled all hacks now. Forgot one and it didn't work. Once I uninstalled everything, I could upgrade to 3.4.

Then I was able to re-install the jailbreak and the hacks. But one didn't work: keybru for the keyboard localization and time format hack. This seems to conflict with the new 3.4 version.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #2588
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@f-j-p: Again, not enough infos. Check the logs, that'll give you a definitive answer (;dumpMessages).

@IsaacA:
Quote:
Note for Kindle 4 Users

Please skip this section and refer to the Wiki instead.
@grapherd: You still have half a jailbreak left installed. Since you have a shell access, you can study both jailbreaks uninstall scripts and run them manually. Once that's done, reboot your device, and start again.

@f-j-p: W00t. Had you mentioned earlier that you were using *other* hacks, we could have skipped this whole back and forth, I'd have told you straight from the start that some of them (keybru, among others) were the root of the issue.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #2589
DRNKMNKY
DRNKMNKY began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4
Quote:
And here we go again.. USBNet v0.43.N!
THANK YOU NiLuJa!

Just wanted to let you know that I installed v0.43 and now with 'USE_VOLUMD="true"' the strange behaviours of the K4 (where the USB Drive Mode screen popped up right after entering ;debugon & ~usbnetworking) are gone!

So again: thanx very much for all your time and effort you put into all this. And especially for the VIP support one gets around here!!!
DRNKMNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #2590
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@DRNKMNKY: Awesome! Sorry for the initial mess, and thanks for your feedback, I couldn't have fixed it without you .

I'll now proceed to kill the big fat K4 warning from the docs \o/.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #2591
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by f-j-p View Post
Thanks a bunch! I also uninstalled all hacks now. Forgot one and it didn't work. Once I uninstalled everything, I could upgrade to 3.4.

Then I was able to re-install the jailbreak and the hacks. But one didn't work: keybru for the keyboard localization and time format hack. This seems to conflict with the new 3.4 version.
The keybru hack modifies the file system and had to be removed for the 3.4 upgrade CRC to pass.
I already asked Sir Alex in this earlier post if any update was planned.

Currently keybru v0.07 leaves greyed out the "update your kindle" setting because keybru OTA version is now lower than the 3.4 one.

If we are lucky, the .jars modified by keybru will be identical between 3.3 and 3.4 and it would only be necessary to repack using a fake OTA version greater than the 3.4 one. I just don't want to try my luck.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #2592
f-j-p

Quote:
@f-j-p: W00t. Had you mentioned earlier that you were using *other* hacks, we could have skipped this whole back and forth, I'd have told you straight from the start that some of them (keybru, among others) were the root of the issue.
@NiLuJe: Truly sorry! I completely forgot that I had that hack installed. That's why I forgot to de-install it.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #2593
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@f-j-p: It happens ;-). That's why I ended up putting an info.txt in every one of my hacks: people kept forgetting the stuff they had installed ;-).
Old 09-22-2012, 05:48 AM   #2594
grapherd
grapherd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Thanks to @NiLuJe and @geekmaster

I finally found the answer, I have change the /etc/uks floder to disable auto update

now i change it back, is all work now
grapherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #2595
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
@f-j-p: It happens ;-). That's why I ended up putting an info.txt in every one of my hacks: people kept forgetting the stuff they had installed ;-).
Don't these machines have sqlite installed?

It might be a bit much to ask a herd of independent developers to use a package management system . . .

But maybe just a provide set of three little scripts to create, query, delete (or mark deleted so the history of "was once there" is kept) that developers could use?
Asking only that the developer edit in their package name and call them at the appropriate times.

Well, one script, with the three functions.
Perhaps included with the OTA update unpack/pack tool.

If nothing else, at least we might reduce the number of "I've forgotten what all I installed, but **** doesn't work for me" questions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet