Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
shimoncellos
shimoncellos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
No "Update your Kindle" option in "Settings"

I bought my Kindle about a month ago (in Brazil) and everything seems to work fine, even my internet works as if I were in the US. However, I've been trying to download the screensaver hack (it seems like my version is already 2.3, as I saw in the "Settings" section), which I did, but there is no such thing as an "Update your Kindle" option among the "Settings". Is this some sort of "privilege" for international users or what? Have you any idea?

Thanks a lot,
shimoncellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Update Your Kindle shows up in the menu when your on the setting page. It isn't an option on the page itself.

Menu--->Setting--->Menu (again)
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
shimoncellos

OK. It seems I was too stupid to find the "Update option". It was there all the time. Still, it's grey in spite of the bin files in my Kindle main directory.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
shimoncellos

Thanks, Brian.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #5
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
Yeah, it's a little hidden there in the settings page.

The menu item being grayed out means that the .bin file (assuming it's in the top level of the Kindle and not in a sub-directory) isn't the correct one for your Kindle type (US or int'l, K2 or DX) or OS version. If you bought it new recently, then you'll want the hack for the international Kindle since they don't sell the old US-only ones anymore even in the US. That's confused more than a few people already.
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert