Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-27-2015, 11:27 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I believe Kovid has said recipes are automatically updated when run -- I think it first looks at the up-to-date version hosted on the calibre website, before running the job.

I suspect a list of the current ones is needed, so calibre knows what is available without pinging the server first.
You can tell what calibre feature I do not use
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:29 AM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@uriuri: I dont maintain such a list, my philosophy is that you should work on something that interests you personally, that way, the chances of you sticking around to maintain it are higher

That said, look at the plugin requests thread, there are many feature requests there. See if something floats your boat. Or see the new features in the editor thread, that is full of people asking for stuff. I have implemented some of that stuff, you can look at my commits implementing that stuff to give you a good idea of how to begin.

Then IIRC there are one or two open pull requests on github which need to be cleaned up based on my feedback but the original authors disappeared, you can take them over if you like.

Heck you can just start a thread titled "coder willing to work on calibre" here and people will post their ideas for new features. If you like something, go for it, if it is a large feature, best to run it by me first, to make sure I am willing to merge it in principle.

@theducks: Both recipes and get books plugins are auto-updated to ensure they are the most current, regardless of calibre version.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2015, 11:33 AM   #18
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You can tell what calibre feature I do not use
Nor do I -- but I collect calibre trivia!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:38 AM   #19
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Other enhancement ideas:
general improvements to the viewer, currently it displays books fine but it has next to no support for annotations and stuff. Especially useful for Windows 8 tablets, considering the relative lack of decent ereader apps on the platform (from what I gather).
Web mode for calibre -- allow the content server to manage your library and write changes to the database. Mentioned by Kovid numerous times, but with no ETA.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:02 PM   #20
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Thread about (trying to) use calibre-viewer on Windows tablets: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254721
Advert