Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
dvorme
Edge User

GOdroid .apk ?

Anyone know where to find a GOdroid apk file (http://sourceforge.net/projects/godroid/files/)? (GOdroid is a really nice GO game that I use on my G1. For those who aren't familiar with GO, it's a lot like chess, but with fewer rules and more flexibility.)

I've got a G1, but the trick of installing from the Market, backing up to SD, mounting the SD from the Edge, and installing from there doesn't work with this app for some reason. Unfortunately, outside the market, only the sources seem to be available. It would be awfully nice if someone with the time, an Android SDK, and the inclination, could compile this and post the APKs for us to download...

--Dave

Old 04-22-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
10tklz
Edge User

Have you found it yet? I've been searching around and can't find that or any other version of go! I really hope we get access to the/a marketplace soon.

Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
cheyennedonna
Edge User

There is a download link on this page, you need to access from the browser on the Edge and see if it will download. If I hit down on a PC it says you need a phone to download
http://bubiloop.com/android-brainpuzzle-godroid

Old 04-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
10tklz
Edge User

Yeah, that's ultimately a market link so is completely worthless to us at this point.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
dvorme
Edge User

I haven't found it. I've been threatening to try to compile it myself, but not strongly enough to get all the pieces I would need and do it yet.

Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
10tklz
Edge User

Well, if you do please let me know!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:50 AM   #7
drwoood
Edge User

I second that - using the eDGe as a goban would be very nice.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I emailed the developer and got a reply with questions about the edge, including a question about where the file might be uploaded to. I replied back and gave the link to andapps store. So we will see.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:20 AM   #9
drwoood
Edge User

I have just successfully installed GOdroid on my enTourage eDGe, and it is awesome!

I was able to find the .apk file on my phone - G1 running CyanogenMod 5.0.7. Using the terminal application, I used the 'su' command to get root access, and using 'cd' and 'ls' to search through directories, I eventually found it in /sd-ext/app-private/ . Other places where .apk files exist include /sd-ext/app, /data/app, and /data/app-private. I copied the file to the sdcard by typing 'cp de.agrothe.go.apk /sdcard'. I then plugged the phone into my computer and got hold of the file. I emailed it to myself and installed it on the eDGe, it worked perfectly.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #10
attila.j.horvath
Edge User

godroid apk found...

See http://sourceforge.net/projects/godr...2.apk/download

it works on my eDGe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvorme View Post
Anyone know where to find a GOdroid apk file (http://sourceforge.net/projects/godroid/files/)? (GOdroid is a really nice GO game that I use on my G1. For those who aren't familiar with GO, it's a lot like chess, but with fewer rules and more flexibility.)

I've got a G1, but the trick of installing from the Market, backing up to SD, mounting the SD from the Edge, and installing from there doesn't work with this app for some reason. Unfortunately, outside the market, only the sources seem to be available. It would be awfully nice if someone with the time, an Android SDK, and the inclination, could compile this and post the APKs for us to download...

--Dave