Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
rmoorhou
rmoorhou began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad 1 & Ipad 2
Nice looking forum, hope you answer a beginner questions.

I purchased a refurbished Augen eReader from Daily Steals for $49.99 and having a good time downloading ebooks from various interent site, I live in the U.S., so English is the language I look for. I've downloaded Adobe Digital Editions and also Calibre. Back in the late 80's I was scanning and converting out of date books pertaining to the area that I grew up in and converting them to word searchable PDF files. At the time I wondered why no one else was doing this. It made so simple to search for a certian event, place or person. Now I see that many colleges are doing this and have even done many of the books I did.

I've downloaded 2 books from our local library, one for me and one for my wife. I opened mine and started reading it and latter my wife opened her book and read it. When I went back to read mine it showed up with an excalmation mark on it and it wouldn't open. Can you only read one Library book at a time?

Also would like suggestions for best places to download ebooks and who has the lowests prices to purchase them? I'm surprised to find them selling for about the same price as a printed version. I can understand the autor getting is cut and some for the publisher, but you only do this process once and there is no printing costs for ink or paper involved, so ebooks should be considerably cheaper then a printed version.

I have one other question concerning the Augen ereader: No where in the vague user manual does it tell you how to erase/delete a book from the eReader, and I haven't been able figure it out or get a reply from their help line. So if anyone knows how to do this, Please let me know.
rmoorhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:55 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ....

Have a look through these threads .... Hopefully one may help - or at least they will give you names of members who may be able to assist you ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:53 AM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote