Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
Seal
Seal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Rice Tea: A Novel About the Digital Underground

Hi all,

This is my first post, and I hope its fitting to the rest of the content of this sub-section.

I spent a year writing a book called "Rice Tea", which is a work based on true events about a group of university friends who get pulled into the world of cyber crime. I've been distributing the novel for free as a PDF and ASCII text file, as well as a (not so free) paperback.

I invite you all to download the book from here:
http://www.ricetea.ca/download.php

Your thoughts are welcome!

Last edited by Seal; 08-11-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Welcome Seal, and thanks for joining in the Writers' Forum here at MR Double thanks for offering your work for us to read. If you would like to gain a bigger audience why not consider publishing your work at Feedbooks.com or Smashwords who both provide excellent and free tools so that you can offer your book in the most formats possible? I publish my work at Feedbooks and will be publishing with Smashwords as well very soon.

PJ
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #3
Seal
Seal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Welcome Seal, and thanks for joining in the Writers' Forum here at MR Double thanks for offering your work for us to read. If you would like to gain a bigger audience why not consider publishing your work at Feedbooks.com or Smashwords who both provide excellent and free tools so that you can offer your book in the most formats possible? I publish my work at Feedbooks and will be publishing with Smashwords as well very soon.

PJ
That's a great idea. I've started to upload the text to Feedbooks bit by bit, and I'll edit-in a link to it from my original post once its done. I had actually never heard of the site until I started reading the submissions by other users here. What a find.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:49 AM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seal View Post
That's a great idea. I've started to upload the text to Feedbooks bit by bit, and I'll edit-in a link to it from my original post once its done. I had actually never heard of the site until I started reading the submissions by other users here. What a find.

Hadrien, one of the co-founders of Feedbooks is also a member and moderator here at MR.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:18 AM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
I've been distributing the novel for free as a PDF and ASCII text file, as well as a (not so free) paperback.
Thank you very much.
I have a few free e-books on my disk that will most probably never be read. They are in pdf and each of those would require at least 2 hours tinkering if I want to pout it on my Reader. I will spend those two hours reading your book.

By the way, the first few pages look very interesting.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi seal, welcome ! thanks so much for sharing your work with us ! excellent advice from moejoe and i'll definitely download it from feedbooks once you get it up ; let us know.

if you have any questions about feedbooks just shout for help here ; there are plenty of people who are glad to help.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
Seal

Thanks.

I've started to upload Rice Tea to Feedbooks, but it is a very time consuming progress. I have 1440 paragraphs, and I have to manually add in paragraph tags, format it, etc. But the site is easy to use - it's just a matter of putting in the time
Old 08-16-2009, 06:05 PM   #8
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Thanks.

I've started to upload Rice Tea to Feedbooks, but it is a very time consuming progress. I have 1440 paragraphs, and I have to manually add in paragraph tags, format it, etc. But the site is easy to use - it's just a matter of putting in the time
Why are you manually adding paragraph tags when you upload? Feedbooks generates them. Just copy and paste (From an RTF seems to give the least hassle)
Old 08-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Why are you manually adding paragraph tags when you upload? Feedbooks generates them. Just copy and paste (From an RTF seems to give the least hassle)
yes, that sounded a bit strange to me too. you do have to build your book semantically (respecting chapters, parts, etc. when you put in the text) but you don't need to make the individual paragraphs, feedbooks can do that on its own.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote