Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 11-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #121
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You guys should move this discussion to the Passage To India discussion thread which was opened early accidentally. But there it is:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32136

BOb

Good idea. I've not paid much attention until now, because of being such a slow reader that I haven't finished Behemoth yet. I'm very very curious to see how everyone interprets Passage to India.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:55 PM   #122
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
You guys should move this discussion to the Passage To India discussion thread which was opened early accidentally. But there it is:
Is there any reason to delay the start of the discussion thread? I mean, why not just have that open at the start of the read and as people finish they can flood into it. Since it is a -spoilers- thread, no one still in progress should go view it til they are ready. Or was this already covered?

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:26 PM   #123
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Is there any reason to delay the start of the discussion thread? I mean, why not just have that open at the start of the read and as people finish they can flood into it. Since it is a -spoilers- thread, no one still in progress should go view it til they are ready. Or was this already covered?

-MJ
I agree. Go to it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:43 AM   #124
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The December 2008 book has been selected based on the poll which included thrice nominated books.

The selected book:

The Hound of The Baskervilles by Author Conan Doyle

Available in "The Complete Works" here on mobileread.com (mobi | lrf | imp)

Available as a stand alone book from feedbooks.com (mobi | Sony PDF | epub)

For those not fully following. The nomination thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32092

The poll:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32365

Discussion thread for this book will open December 22nd.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 11-25-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:39 AM   #125
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
The Feedbooks "lrf" link is actually a PDF.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #126
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
The Feedbooks "lrf" link is actually a PDF.
Oh sorry. The feedbooks site said "Sony Reader" so I assumed it was an LRF. I will edit.

Thanks,
BOb
Old 11-25-2008, 11:56 AM   #127
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Oh sorry. The feedbooks site said "Sony Reader" so I assumed it was an LRF. I will edit.

Thanks,
BOb
As long as you are editing, can you also edit the post to include the IMP editions that I created from HarryT's Mobipocket edition?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #128
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
As long as you are editing, can you also edit the post to include the IMP editions that I created from HarryT's Mobipocket edition?
Done.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:33 PM   #129
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Done.

If anyone needs an eReader edition of The Hounds of the Baskervilles one can be had for $2.95 at http://www.ereader.com/ereader/eBook...8953.htm?cache
Old 11-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #130
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
There is also a stand alone version of The Hound of the Baskervilles in imp format here at MR. I put it together a few days ago when it looked like that would be one of the titles selected for the book club and its one that I've wanted to read anyway.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #131
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've converted HarryT's well proofed Sherlock Holmes Collection to IMP. You can jump to Hounds, or you can read your way up to it. I am reading up to it as the stories are in chronological order and we get to see the first time Holes and Watson actually meet and work together.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:00 AM   #132
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Im in, This will be the first sherlock holmes novel i ever read, it should be interesting.

was a Little Hard to Find the information for december.. Perhaps a New Thread, as this one is titled November.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #133
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I am reading in order. I am now in the midst of The Sign of the Four. Then I'll get to The Hound of the Baskervilles after. I do feel it will be a better read reading in order.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #134
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I am reading in order. I am now in the midst of The Sign of the Four. Then I'll get to The Hound of the Baskervilles after. I do feel it will be a better read reading in order.
I quite agree. Just jumping into Hound otB would lead one to wonder about Watson's sanity if there hadn't been the preceding several storyies to bring in the methodology of Holmes. I'll go into more when discussion week arrives.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #135
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I quite agree. Just jumping into Hound otB would lead one to wonder about Watson's sanity if there hadn't been the preceding several storyies to bring in the methodology of Holmes. I'll go into more when discussion week arrives.
Yes - I had very specific reasons for suggesting HOTB as the Holmes book we read. It has a number of interesting aspects which really don't crop up elsewhere. I'm looking forward to discussing it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote