Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Questions about NT's native reader app

Now that I've finally given up my prejudice towards LCD based ereaders and started reading novels on my NT, I've noticed some quirks with the native reader app. They're not the end of the world or anything but they are quirks I'd like to change if I can; I just don't see any options for the reader app to speak of. The only option I see is in the setting menu and its for animating page turns.

My issues are concerning word wrap and hyphenation. My epubs are setup to justify the text. However, rather than inserting space where needed on a lot of the lines of text, the reader decides to hyphenate the words and sometimes in very strange spots in the word. Also, this often leads to strange, short portions of a word or sometimes punctuation on a line all by themselves if they happen to be at the end of a paragraph. For example, it is common for me to see a line with nothing but a period or an em-dash on it. There is no space between these characters and the preceding text, so the text and the punctuation shouldn't have been broken up in my view, but the reader app did just the same and the results look rather strange and unappealing. My books are justified, just not to the degree that I would think they would be. Personally, I'd rather have extra space inserted where needed to justify the text every single time and never see the first split word.

Has anyone else ever noticed this and is there a setting or fix for it?

Thanks to anyone that may be able to provide an answer.

Sincerely,
- Byron Followell
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote