Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #166
GiGi4010
Pocket Virgin
GiGi4010 is on a distinguished road

Device: entourage pocketedge
Has anyone had a problem with the PE Calendar? It was working fine after I upgraded to the beta 2.2. Today I loaded some activites in and now I can't get any of the dates to open to allow me to enter an event. Any suggestions? I hate to have to reset to factory defaults and start the whole process over again, but the calendar was one of the features I was interested in and as I don't always have wi-fi access, I don't want to have to depend on Google Calendar. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks
GiGi4010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #167
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi4010 View Post
Has anyone had a problem with the PE Calendar? It was working fine after I upgraded to the beta 2.2. Today I loaded some activites in and now I can't get any of the dates to open to allow me to enter an event. Any suggestions? I hate to have to reset to factory defaults and start the whole process over again, but the calendar was one of the features I was interested in and as I don't always have wi-fi access, I don't want to have to depend on Google Calendar. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks

Give this calendar I try and see if it fits your needs. It's supposed to Sync with Google Calendar.

http://www.4shared.com/file/1FjW9Xst..._Calendar.html
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:19 AM   #168
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Did you try the simple solutions -- restarting from power off, and paper clip to the reset hole if that doesn't work?
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #169
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Did you try the simple solutions -- restarting from power off, and paper clip to the reset hole if that doesn't work?
Good point. Another thing to try is to press the MENU button on the Home Screen , select Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, select the All tab and touch Calendar and Clear Data and press the BACK ARROW and touch Calendar Storage and Clear Data.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #170
hector_joni
hector_joni began at the beginning.

Device: pocket eDGe
If someone like me is looking for external keyboard support in other languages, i found this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch...t-1196776.html

I havent give it a try, but im willing to do it!

Does somebody know, if this is safe?

@ obsessed2:
Thank you very much for the helpful thread, maybe youll like to add in it, that in order to move your apps into the sd-card, you must NOT select the option in the PE (under settings/ data storage device) of moving the library into the sd-card. I did it at the very first time and had to golden update my edge in order to get this working out:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138124
hector_joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #171
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector_joni View Post
@ obsessed2:
Thank you very much for the helpful thread, maybe youll like to add in it, that in order to move your apps into the sd-card, you must NOT select the option in the PE (under settings/ data storage device) of moving the library into the sd-card. I did it at the very first time and had to golden update my edge in order to get this working out:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138124
Your welcome. In reference to the other thread and moving Apps to an SD card I will mention it.

Last edited by obsessed2; 10-04-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #172
ambelli
ambelli began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
GPS

As anyone tried to install a GPS receiver USB adapter and turn by turn software for Android devices?
ambelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 AM   #173
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambelli View Post
As anyone tried to install a GPS receiver USB adapter and turn by turn software for Android devices?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...141833&page=15

posts ##225,228,229
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #174
ambelli

GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsenter View Post
psenter, I don't see how this link addresses the GPS question
Old 10-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #175
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambelli View Post
psenter, I don't see how this link addresses the GPS question
Directly. Check posts I mentioned.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #176
ambelli

GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsenter View Post
Directly. Check posts I mentioned.
got it! I am disappointed
thanks
Old 10-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #177
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
No problems with the calendar. It even syncs with my google calendar automatically (not any of the handwritten notes though ) but I've had no problems with it and I'm using ermine on the PE (even have the links2sd setup as well)
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #178
creeker2
PE user
creeker2 began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Please help with PE e-mail question

How can I remove my yahoo e-mail account from the PE? Thanks in advance.:chinscratch:
creeker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:43 AM   #179
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeker2 View Post
How can I remove my yahoo e-mail account from the PE? Thanks in advance.
Going from memory; with email open, press menu and there should be an option to delete. Otherwise, you could just remove the entries entered when setting up the email account.

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 10-23-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:32 AM   #180
florob
florob began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Hi everybody.
After your fundamental help in the upgrade for Froyo, I'm here again to ask for a couple of things (don't know wether this is the right forum or not).
1) I'd like to install a tts on the PE and since it seemed to me ready for pico tts, I read the dedicated 3ds and tried to install it, but it requires an sd card that I don't have at the moment. Is there any way to install it on the internal storage? (Not sure I've understood the procedure very weel, but it seemed so).
2) quite a similar problem with the dictionaries. I wanted to use stardicts (even if it was quite difficult to me to understand the procedure) and I read the dedicated 3rd and bla bla, but again it is asking for sd. Again, anything I can do to use the internal storage.
As usual, thanks a lot if anyone can help me.
Roberto
florob is offline   Reply With Quote