Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Page Turns: Button or Touchscreen?
Mainly the button 43 34.40%
Mainly the touchscreen 39 31.20%
I use both 35 28.00%
I use my Jedi mind tricks to turn pages 8 6.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
FireRunner
eAddict
FireRunner is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Page Turns: Button or Touchscreen?

Do you use the buttons or touchscreen when turning the page? Or, both?
FireRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I use both on both readers. (Sony 700 & Nook)
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
AZMerf
AZMerf began at the beginning.

Device: nook (Feb 12)
I find the touchscreen a little unreliable but mostly because I have to change my hand positions. When I am holding the book, it just much easier to move my finger and change it with the buttons.
AZMerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
FireRunner
eAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMerf View Post
I find the touchscreen a little unreliable but mostly because I have to change my hand positions. When I am holding the book, it just much easier to move my finger and change it with the buttons.
It took me a while to get used to using the touchscreen. After asking a few people, I realized your finger must be moving sideways before it touches the screen for the page to turn. Most of the time I use the buttons, but I try to use the touchscreen also just to lessen the use of the buttons.

Also, I think folks who use a stand may use the touchscreen more.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
I only use the touchscreen to turn pages, with my thumb.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
scrollert
scrollert began at the beginning.

Device: B&N Nook
Touchscreen whenever possible - I have my touchscreen sleep timer set to 30 seconds, so sometimes the first page or 2 after selecting a book I use the button.
scrollert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #7
tyncam
tyncam began at the beginning.

Always use the touchscreen and it's much more responsive with the new software download ...
tyncam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #8
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The users of a Pocketbook 360 can open it with the power of Greyskull. And none of us is He-Man, addingly.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #9
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
I'm surprised to see how few jedi masters are using nooks.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #10
Grammy
Grammy began at the beginning.

I can't get my touchscreen to turn the pages. What's my problem?
Grammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #11
mykoffee
Enthusiast
mykoffee began at the beginning.

The buttons, for me the touchscreen takes two or three tries to get it to work and then sometimes it seems like it takes me a page too far.

Linda
mykoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:15 AM   #12
FireRunner
eAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykoffee View Post
The buttons, for me the touchscreen takes two or three tries to get it to work and then sometimes it seems like it takes me a page too far.

Linda
I had this issue at first, but now I can turn the page with just one swipe. What you have to do is have your finger moving before it hits the screen. I used to press down on the screen and then sweep, now I start sweeping before my finger touches the screen and halfway through my finger makes contact. The page turns every time.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:15 AM   #13
FireRunner
eAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
I'm surprised to see how few jedi masters are using nooks.
Maybe Jedi Masters read books without opening them...
Old 03-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #14
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRunner View Post
Maybe Jedi Masters read books without opening them...
Brilliant
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #15
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Buttons; but I occasionally swipe to relieve the monotony. Had to get used to the fact that next page is swiped right to left (like you would turn a p-book page) although the next page button points to the right and is on the right-hand side. It seems like we're getting mixed signals there!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote