Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-30-2008, 05:30 PM   #16
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I didn't cheat; I tried to figure out what was missing, then gave up. I emailed you after I threw in the towel.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:31 PM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
how could nate the great possibly cheat ?
EDIT : never mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Let's try to keep this thread on track. Seriously. :irony mark:

Digression number one: Write Impactful(ly). Everyday.
oh my giddy aunt ; i live for stuff like that. thank you.

Quote:
Your fine and reputable firm needs to act swiftly to repair this grievous attack on the English language, one which I have now seen plastered on the sides of buses, on billboards, and in numerous other public locations. Have you considered the effect of your nonsensical “Treat yourself well. Everyday” campaign on the nation’s schoolchildren?

(...)

In closing, although I appreciate the creativity of your comments that “Words without suffixes are typically not in the dictionary,” I believe that if you research this further you will find that many words with suffixes are in fact in the dictionary, and that words that are not words are not.
actually i could have quoted the entire exchange ; the whole thing was one giant "best part". but that would have been silly.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2008, 05:31 PM   #18
akiburis
Connoisseur
akiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505, iLiad Book Edition
[Deleted]

Last edited by akiburis; 05-30-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Jumped the gun.
akiburis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Note: there's something else missing in that screenshoot, too. Karma for the first correct answer. Rules: I and only I decide what the right answer is, so don't tell me "squirrels" or "lolos" and expect to win.
you know of course that if you hadn't explicitly ruled those out you would have been flooded with squirrel lolo replies...
Old 05-30-2008, 05:36 PM   #20
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I am seldomly ironic.

I post this one just to note the adverb "seldom", which doesn't end in an -ly. A twist, if you will, on the "missing -ly" craze.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seldomly.png
Views:	274
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	13124  
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2008, 05:40 PM   #21
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Came to party late but let me try anyway. Let's see. Umm. How about squirrels or lolos? Did I win?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:47 PM   #22
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Came to party late but let me try anyway. Let's see. Umm. How about squirrels or lolos? Did I win?
Old 05-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #23
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Nah, it's "squirrel lolos" -- see it was a trick question "squirrels or lolos."
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:12 PM   #24
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

NatCh is the Tennesexan Gizmologist... Nate the Great is the doggy-avatar. Scroll-up, Scroll-down. Repeat 17 times. GOT IT.

@NatCh: your boolean shenanigans do NOT phase me.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #25
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Your phase converter must be on the fritz again.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:32 PM   #26
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Please try explaining why this is funny to my inbred redneck in-laws. Then you'll begin to feel badly!
Would they think I "talk funny"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Are we to assume that the arrow is a link to a shopping cart?
Yes. And when you click it into their shopping cart, you will find a Help link, which allows you to fill out a Contact Us email form, which I used to point out the missing item(s) on their site.

"I filled out your shopping cart with several books I've decided to purchase, but couldn't find a spot to choose an e-book format, so couldn't complete my order. Where can I purchase electronic editions of your books?"

:waving fistful of money with the other hand wagging an admonitory finger:

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 05-30-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:34 PM   #27
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
"I will not spend my money here," said Taylor adverbly.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:46 AM   #28
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

I was told this weekend, "don't take it personal!".
Old 06-02-2008, 09:48 AM   #29
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Which would be a good phrase if one were trying to keep another from getting personal in a discussion.

Otherwise, never mind.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #30
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
i hope you took that person serious.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 06-02-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Tags
clouds of enlightenment