Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-04-2007, 08:48 AM   #31
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by flubu View Post
but what's the trap then??? generally, if an offer is too good to be true, it generally is...
the trap is... sony's dumping their oldgen screen readers and next week we get vizplex readers.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #32
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
the trap is... sony's dumping their oldgen screen readers and next week we get vizplex readers.
for 100 bucks, who cares
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2007, 08:59 AM   #33
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
If that were so, then why are is it still full price at SonyStyle.com ?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:02 AM   #34
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
If that were so, then why are is it still full price at SonyStyle.com ?
was just a joke.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #35
MacBeezle
Zealot
MacBeezle began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPad, Sony Reader PRS-500U2. Soon: Kindle 4
What does "wiring" money mean?

Is it the same as the german "überweisung"; a money-transfer from account to account?

Like:

My account: 123
destination account: 123
sum to be transferred: 100$

with IBAN no.?
MacBeezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #36
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
In case Tigerdirect.com did a mistake with the price, here an excerpt from their legal blabla:

Quote:
Typographical Errors
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information received from our suppliers, TigerDirect.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. TigerDirect.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, TigerDirect.com shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:19 AM   #37
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Btw, "Availability" changed from "In Stock" to "Usually Ships in 7 - 21 Days". You guys were fast
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:27 AM   #38
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X

Yep its the same as "Überweisung" bzw. "Internationale Überweisung".

Übrigens wenn Du rausbekommst wie das geht sag bescheid =).
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:31 AM   #39
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
I'm in - just got the order confirmation. It'll be nice to have a spare for tinkering and backup. Thanks very much for the tip valkyriesound.

Refurb? Unlikely - TD is generally very clear about noting this in their listings.

Limited Stock blowout? Again, they usually clearly mark this. When it's out, it's out and you don't see "ships in 7-21 days".

Pricing error? Possible - we'll find out soon enough. It would certainly fit with the fact that they seem to be expecting to ship more in "7-21 days" since they ran out of "in stock" ones.

Anybody know if the free ebook credit is a "one to a customer/account" deal? I'm wondering if I authorize a (new) second Reader to my existing account if I'll get the credit? I guess they can tell it's a new Reader if they're keeping a database of all Readers that have ever been activated.

The only "problem" with the credit would be figuring out what to spend it on between now and 31 AUG when it expires. I've already bought most of my old favorite titles that Connect has available.

If this is a real deal, how long will it be until we see somebody hacking up a side-by-side "two page" Reader with synchronized, interleaved page turning?

Cheers,
Bob

Last edited by BobVA; 07-04-2007 at 09:40 AM.
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:52 AM   #40
tapf!
Enthusiast
tapf! began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Is here anyone from Germany, who knows somebody in US, wants to buy a Reader and would buy one for me too? I would send him the money via German Überweisung.

Fabian
tapf! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:56 AM   #41
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I just ordered - They are BACKORDERED.....

I ordered it anyway. Quote: "They are not refurbished. They are brand-spanking new."

My card was charged (by that company) for $99.99.

No shipping charge. --- to my location, he informed me.

"Are there any other costs?"

"No other costs," Michael said.

It will be on backorder for at least 1 week, he told me. "Don't hold me to that," he said.

I asked: "How long does it take to ship one to me once you get it?"

"About 2-3 days," he said.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-04-2007 at 09:58 AM. Reason: ADDED: This was a telephone conversation at approx. 9:35 a.m. Wednesday
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #42
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

chat

I´ve chatted with one of these guys. He said that they cannot verify foreign credit cards or paypal. So the only option would be wired transfer ...
Old 07-04-2007, 10:04 AM   #43
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Regarding my PayPal payment (US account) still on pending... they said it would go through within the day (since the money got already deducted from it).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #44
valkyriesound
Connoisseur
valkyriesound doesn't littervalkyriesound doesn't litter

Smile

I hope ya'll get in on this deal... Tiger is a big retailer here in the US and they do discount a lot of electronics...

Before posting the deal I read Sony's details about the free books offer... they didn't say anything about a limit of "one per person"... only that you have to register before July 31st.

Good luck and I'll let you know when I get mine.

Valky
valkyriesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #45
joblack
Wizard

Damned - I think its over.

"Coming Soon
The estimated delivery date cannot be determined."