Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-24-2008, 02:22 AM   #16
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Even though this is Windows only Would you think that DE 1.5 for Mac will support drag and drop?

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:25 AM   #17
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suineg View Post
Dying to get this onto a PRS-500 !!
Hey for $262.00+Shipping I can arrange that!

JJ
Old 07-24-2008, 02:25 AM   #18
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
GREAT NEWS!!! I was really hoping for this, but didn't think it would really happen! Can't wait to update my 505!!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:29 AM   #19
Xtremegene
Connoisseur
Xtremegene began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 --- Nokia n800
I read this initially on Yahoo News! and hoped against hope that the PRS-500 would be included in the update... sadly it's not. The PDF reflow (duh?) and also the DRM support (for public library stuff) sounds really nice, but I just won't be able to use it.

Teaches me to go out and buy the first-gen of any product. Hope I learn (while I play with the Nokia n800.)
Xtremegene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:58 AM   #20
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Great news! Thanks to you all, Alex, Bob and NatCh. Just one question: Did they say anything about a new generation of the reader itself???
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:15 AM   #21
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
Great news! Thanks to you all, Alex, Bob and NatCh. Just one question: Did they say anything about a new generation of the reader itself???
We asked, but only received a smile (I imagine). Seriously, Sony didn't want to comment on this.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:23 AM   #22
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
We asked, but only received a smile (I imagine). Seriously, Sony didn't want to comment on this.
I would think that with the new UK launch that even if a New Reader was Planned that a US Release anytime in the next 6 months would greatly undermine the UK market. Now again common sense doesnt always dictate, But If Sony did release a new model before christmas i would put that at the top of my list of bone head business moves. Almost akin to the Iphone Price drop on the 1st gen model. Wonder how much Apple paid out in 100 dollar credits for that one??? Only time will tell but with the Adobe Support now out for the 505 I am sure the current model will take the average user well thru a couple model revisions. At least until they have a very well rounded full featured Model. (Ireader anyone??)

JJ
Old 07-24-2008, 03:33 AM   #23
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
This makes me so happy that I chose a Sony. A few days ago I'd sort of been wishing I'd gone with a Cybook. Well, as long as this new firmware will still allow me to use my unicode patch, I'll be completely happy.

ACK I just reread. a real RED reader?? WANT. dammit!

Last edited by seajewel; 07-24-2008 at 03:37 AM.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:51 AM   #24
olis
Zealot
olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs-500, Nokia N810, Irex dr1000s, Kindle3
Any mention of dictionary support in the new firmware?
Thanks.
olis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:00 AM   #25
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
Japanese culture

When Japanese people say "we are still looking into it", it really means "what you ask of us is not possible and will not happen... ever".

So I am afraid the PRS-500 owners are out of luck...
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:09 AM   #26
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Awesome news, can't wait to try it out! Now that we'll have a safe unbricking method I can release updated Universal Flasher and hopefully Hack Builder will work on the 505.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:14 AM   #27
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Awesome news, can't wait to try it out! Now that we'll have a safe unbricking method I can release updated Universal Flasher and hopefully Hack Builder will work on the 505.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:40 AM   #28
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Not posted for d/l yet...
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:42 AM   #29
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
That's probably what we wanted the new firmware most for...
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:15 AM   #30
MrPib
MrPib has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Yay! A great firmware update! Oh, wait -- 505 only. At least I can get that cool cover/lightwedge thing. Oh, wait -- 505 only. Geez, the 500 only started shipping in 10/2006 -- well under 2 years ago.

Shows you what Sony thinks of us early adopters, eh?
MrPib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adobe, digital editions, epub, firmware, pdf, prs500, reflow, update