Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #181
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It doesn't happen with the Touch or Glo.

@taming: I have assumed the books were in the library list, but I just realised you hadn't said if they were. Are they? And if you open them there, do they get shown on the home screen?
Yes, they are in the library list. They do not get shown on the home screen if I open them there. I open from the list, read a bit, close the book/ go home and the book is not on its own tile. Ever.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #182
met67
Connoisseur
met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook Touch
I have found that some books were silently stripped of lines of text.
The driver sent them to my Aura without errors, but when I open them, some text is missing.
I have opened a new bug on github with the reference to some sample books.

Another thing I noticed was that the size of the converted books is dramatically increased: in one of those books a chapter of 120KB was converted to a size greater than 400KB, and the resulting kepub regularly freezes my Aura, forcing me to a hard reset with a paper clip... (the driver seems to be adding a <span> for each punctuation mark, may be this could be avoided.)
met67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #183
met67
Connoisseur
met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
I took your advice on crowdfunding. I finally got my PayPal account created and verified, and I found GoGetFunding as a ChipIn alternative. A fundraiser has been created (http://gogetfunding.com/project/kobo...er-development) and PayPal has also been added to the plugins list in calibre as a donation option.
Err....the link gives error 404...
Old 05-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #184
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by met67 View Post
Err....the link gives error 404...
Scheduled Maintenance

This site is currently undergoing maintenance and is expected to be available within an hour. Thank you for your patience.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #185
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by met67 View Post
I have found that some books were silently stripped of lines of text.
The driver sent them to my Aura without errors, but when I open them, some text is missing.
I have opened a new bug on github with the reference to some sample books.

Another thing I noticed was that the size of the converted books is dramatically increased: in one of those books a chapter of 120KB was converted to a size greater than 400KB, and the resulting kepub regularly freezes my Aura, forcing me to a hard reset with a paper clip... (the driver seems to be adding a <span> for each punctuation mark, may be this could be avoided.)
It probably could, but for now greatly simplifies the processing logic. I'm more concerned with the missing text TBH, I thought I caught that already. What chapter/page do you notice missing text on, and how many pages in that chapter? So I don't have to scan every file word by word
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #186
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Thanks to jgoguen, very good job. All books are now sent as kepub.
For some it's necessary to make an epub to eupb conversion before the plugin can send them correctely, but finally, it works for 100% of my more than 4000 books.

It seems a new bug appears when there is more than (about) 3000 ebooks on the Kobo.
The post transfer step, update metadata, fails (too many SQL variables). I opened a new bug for that.
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #187
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you find any more that don't work without being converted, please send me the book if possible. Converting, even if it's a workaround, covers up the underlying problem and I'd like to get that fixed.

EDIT: The book as it is before you convert it of course
Old 05-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #188
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Quote:
If you find any more that don't work without being converted, please send me the book if possible. Converting, even if it's a workaround, covers up the underlying problem and I'd like to get that fixed.

EDIT: The book as it is before you convert it of course
I'll make you a pack of books (before/after) as soon as possible.

EDIT : I still have originals, but I don't remember the books I had to convert.
To find them, I have to send again my library with original version to another Kobo.

Last edited by Mingyar; 05-19-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #189
met67
Connoisseur

Quote:
It probably could, but for now greatly simplifies the processing logic. I'm more concerned with the missing text TBH, I thought I caught that already. What chapter/page do you notice missing text on, and how many pages in that chapter? So I don't have to scan every file word by word
Usually one sentence after some break or blank line...

You can see it in the title page of TEST1 (missing 'Dolor sit amet') or in TEST2 where the first sentence after each blank line is missing.

In TEST1 it also removes the blank lines before and after the smaller paragraph that begins with 'DUIS ELEIFEND SUSCIPIT' in Parte 1.

EDIT: WRT to the punctuation marks, it looks like Kobo only splits the paragraph on full stop ('.'), at least judging from some free books I got on Kobo store, why do you split also on other marks?

Last edited by met67; 05-19-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #190
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

For absolutely no real reason other than I hadn't taken note of it in a kepub and I wanted to get something out to people that would fix the problem of bookmarks and such not staying at the right locations.

I picked up a few very recently published KePub files so I do plan to optimize the processing to be more in line with what Kobo publishes, but that's less important than the other bugs that prevent people from loading books
Old 05-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #191
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZetlin View Post
I am able to side load all my books into my Kobo Aura expect from one book:

When I do it I get this error message:

Code:
Failed to parse 'The Hobbit' by 'J. R. R. Tolkien' with error: 'this element does not have children or attributes' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 492)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 557, in _upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.driver", line 259, in upload_books
InvalidEPub: Failed to parse 'The Hobbit' by 'J. R. R. Tolkien' with error: 'this element does not have children or attributes' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 492)
Anybody know what is going on?
On my Aura Calibre generates exactly the same error code with that book but when I copy it as an ePub to the SD card manually, it renders correctly (for ePub) and the book cover shows up on my home screen.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #192
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
On my Aura Calibre generates exactly the same error code with that book but when I copy it as an ePub to the SD card manually, it renders correctly (for ePub) and the book cover shows up on my home screen.
Please see the post immediately following the one you quoted:
Quote:
That's currently being worked on. I didn't realize that comment and processing instruction nodes work much differently from other node types and none of the books I have had either type in them so I never saw this until too late. I think I've got it but I want to check with some other combinations of nodes.
Now, if I release a fix for this and it still doesn't work, please come on back here and let me know that I'm still missing something important.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #193
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Yes, they are in the library list. They do not get shown on the home screen if I open them there. I open from the list, read a bit, close the book/ go home and the book is not on its own tile. Ever.
That makes me think it is something in the design of the Aura's home screen. An interesting test would be to fill the Aura's main memory then download a couple of kepubs from Kobo. They should be stored in on the SD card. Then, see if they are displayed on the home screen.

As a curiosity, I just did this on my Touch. Two books and their covers were downloaded to the SD card. They both appeared on the home screen with now problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #194
Mingyar
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingyar View Post

It seems a new bug appears when there is more than (about) 3000 ebooks on the Kobo.
The post transfer step, update metadata, fails (too many SQL variables). I opened a new bug for that.
I have commented the bug report after a new test (https://github.com/jgoguen/calibre-k...iver/issues/46).
driver.py crashes if more than 998 books are sent to the Kobo.

Last edited by Mingyar; 05-20-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #195
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As a curiosity, I just did this on my Touch. Two books and their covers were downloaded to the SD card. They both appeared on the home screen with now problems.
Yes, it was never a problem on the glo, either. Peter sent me something to fill the main memory. I will try it in the AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one