Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 03-13-2009, 08:40 AM   #1
amuzulo
amuzulo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
edit PDF metadata for free on a Mac?

I have a few PDF files with incorrect author and title metadata that are really screwing up my title and author list on my Sony PRS-505. Does anyone know a free PDF metadata editor for Mac? If not, I can boot into Windows on my Mac, but I'd rather not if I can help it. Thanks!
amuzulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

PDFtk can do it, and there's a free mac version available, but it's not exactly the most user-friendly thing in the world, and I've only used the Windows version, personally. Still, it's something.

Perhaps someone else will know of something better.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
amuzulo
amuzulo began at the beginning.

Just wanted to say that I found the program CombinePDFs which fulfills my needs and only costs 20€ or $30 which is cheap enough for me. The trial version lets you work on 1000 pages before you have to register.
amuzulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Definitely way too much to pay. You can combine PDFs for free with pdftk as well, not to mention a variety of other things. I'm sure there are other free applications. Can't calibre edit the metadata as well?
Old 04-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
... Can't calibre edit the metadata as well?
I just got stuck onthe same problem - why I found this thread - and even if things look all right in Calibre they aren't on the Reader.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
frabjous
Wizard

Did you try this?
http://www.sybrex.com/products/macgui/infomanager/

(That comes from a later discussion on the same issue, in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42663
)
Old 04-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #7
elinares
Xtreme Quijote
elinares doesn't litterelinares doesn't litterelinares doesn't litter

LRFTools

If you want to set metadata on many PDFs, you can use LRFTools (updfmd command).
elinares is offline   Reply With Quote