Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 11:48 PM   #1
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Online literary magazines

Please post links to online literary magazines here, especially those which accept unsolicited submissions, whether of short stories, novels, novellas, essays, poetry, etc. Please write also of relevant information, like whether the magazine has a reading fee, and your experience in dealing with the magazine. Thanks!
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #2
Douglas Rhodes
Connoisseur
Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Storm, laptop
If I may, let me give you the best advice about publishing that I ever recieved:

Go to Duotrope.com and open a free account. There you will find a listing of 2350 markets for poetry and fiction. They have a search function that lets you search within Genre, Length, Payscale, Media, and so many other categories. They list guidelines and have links to the magazines.

Best of all, they offer a submissions tracker which allows you to log the time and response of each of your submissions (they use the data to list how the markets respond on average) and if you get an acceptance they list your name with others who have received a 'yes' in weekly newsletters.

This site is the best tool a young author can have, and it is 100% free.
Douglas Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Rhodes View Post
If I may, let me give you the best advice about publishing that I ever recieved:

Go to Duotrope.com and open a free account. There you will find a listing of 2350 markets for poetry and fiction. They have a search function that lets you search within Genre, Length, Payscale, Media, and so many other categories. They list guidelines and have links to the magazines.

Best of all, they offer a submissions tracker which allows you to log the time and response of each of your submissions (they use the data to list how the markets respond on average) and if you get an acceptance they list your name with others who have received a 'yes' in weekly newsletters.

This site is the best tool a young author can have, and it is 100% free.
Oh, cool--thanks for the tip! I've browsed the site a bit and it looks good. I'm looking forward to exploring and using it.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote