Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Kindle review by Gizmodo

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/our-kindl...bed-325939.php

This was a fair and honest review. If you are thinking about getting a Kindle, read it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 04:44 PM   #2
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
One of the more realistic un-sugarcoated reviews I've read.
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2007, 10:41 PM   #3
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Great review. It seems very realistic about the good and the bad.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:58 PM   #4
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Yes, pretty unbiased review from a real user that took the time to try it completely.

Sparkly LED indicator sounds interesting.

Well, mine due Monday so we shall see!
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:10 AM   #5
SanAntone
Connoisseur
SanAntone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and Scribe
That LED indicator really is amazing! It changes size based on the option that it is next to. Pretty neat!
SanAntone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2007, 10:17 AM   #6
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
You know, I've never seen anything like the little LED indicator thingy. I guess they have figured out a way to use older technology in a whole new way. That's one of the things that really surprises the people that I show my Kindle to.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:54 AM   #7
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
From what I hear, there's a mirror behind the LCD and when the pixel is "turned on", it becomes transparent so that the mirror becomes visible through it.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #8
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'm fascinated by the reflective LCD, I love to watch it. It reminds me of when I was a kid and played with mercury.

Maybe that's wrong with me.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #9
gteague
Zealot
gteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toys

Device: kindle v1.0
that gizmodo review did a complete gloss on his difficulty finding a place to hold onto it, imo. but otherwise i agreed with nearly all of it, being a heavy bathroom reader myself the kindle performs perfectly on the throne.

so far i've not come to terms or peace with that silver cursor everyone seems to be so fascinated with. for example, when you bring up the text size window there is an arrow to the left of the line of text sizes to select at the size you are currently viewing. on every other device on the planet with a 'real' display your mouse or input device would move that arrow to the line of text you wished to select. it invariably causes me a few seconds delay before i realize why the damm arrow won't move when i'm rolling the scroll wheel back and forth cursing.

/guy
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote