Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-11-2014, 11:01 PM   #826
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Moderator Notice
From the Guidelines:

1. Discuss Things Politely

Our members have developed a strong, constructive online community. To help maintain this friendly, supportive atmosphere, we ask that you follow these standards of politeness.

MobileRead is intended to be a family-safe and work-safe website. Please post accordingly.

Do attempt to state your point of view in a way that avoids misunderstanding. Remember that we are an international community and not all members are posting in their first language.

When things get controversial please disagree with the opinion, not the person.

Try to be sensitive to others when you post, and tolerant of others when you read their posts.

A rude comment is still rude, even if you follow it with a smiley, "just kidding" or "I'm only joking" or "This is meant to be humorous."

Deliberately provoking other members is prohibited. Members who post provocative or inflammatory posts will be warned. Persistent offenders may be banned.

Name calling is not permitted, even in the form of a question, e.g. "X's posts make me wonder how much he believes what he's saying, or if he's just a troll."

MobileRead reserves the right to limit discussion that is outside the realm of good taste, or uses foul or hateful language. We won't tolerate any form of hate-speech.

Remember that you can use the "ignore" function to ignore a member whose posts irritate you, but you must not announce in open forum that you have done so.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:50 PM   #827
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I believe I've found a bug in Modify ePub's kepub removal.

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">
<head>
<title>Wild Cards I</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../styles/stylesheet.css"/>
<style id="kobostylehacks" type="text/css">div#book-inner p, div#book-inner div { font-size: 1.0em; } a { color: black; } a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active { color: blue; } div#book-inner * { margin-top: 0 !important; margin-bottom: 0 !important;}
</style><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
</head>
That's the header after Modify ePub has removed the kepub innards.

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">
<head>
<title>Wild Cards I</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../styles/stylesheet.css"/>
<style id="kobostylehacks" type="text/css">div#book-inner p, div#book-inner div { font-size: 1.0em; } a { color: black; } a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active { color: blue; } div#book-inner * { margin-top: 0 !important; margin-bottom: 0 !important;}
</style><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
</head>
Now the bit in bold is what's left in and this does change how the formatting is in the eBook. If this was also removed, then things would work better.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2014, 11:16 PM   #828
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I believe I've found a bug in Modify ePub's kepub removal.
I'll look into it. Offhand, this looks like either a new wrinkle or a rather old one that I didn't have a sample of. Either way, it should be easy enough to compensate for; the id="kobostylehacks" string is the key.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:04 AM   #829
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, let's give this a shot. Aside from the version numbering and changelog, it's a three-character bugfix.

EDIT: Beta removed to avoid clutter and confusion.

Last edited by Rev. Bob; 10-02-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:35 AM   #830
readx
Connoisseur
readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Would it be possible to make the extension window resizable?
I love the extension but depending on the used font and font size (>9) the window won’t fit on a screen 1366 x 768 (minus 10px taskbar) and the buttons (save/restore/ect.) can’t be reached.
Screenshot: used font: DejaVuSans, size 10
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.png
Views:	328
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	129142  
readx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #831
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Okay, let's give this a shot. Aside from the version numbering and changelog, it's a three-character bugfix.
It works. Now when using ADE, the two ePub now look the same. Thank you!
Old 10-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #832
Rev. Bob
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by readx View Post
Would it be possible to make the extension window resizable?
I have no idea how that window is generated; I pretty much added the new options by playing monkey-see, monkey-do with what was already in there.

That said, if someone else knows a fix for that, I certainly wouldn't mind including it. I might also look at moving the stripkobo option over to the "known remnants" pane, if I can figure out how. That'd balance things out a bit, which would help with the length, and there's a decent argument for moving it over there with the Adobe DRM remnant option. Maybe stripspans could go over there, too.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #833
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
I have no idea how that window is generated; I pretty much added the new options by playing monkey-see, monkey-do with what was already in there.

That said, if someone else knows a fix for that, I certainly wouldn't mind including it. ...
I had to figure that out a while ago. It's not hard with a pattern to copy.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-02-2014 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:07 PM   #834
Rev. Bob
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I had to figure that out a while ago. It's not hard with a pattern to copy.
I just went in and reassigned the new(est) routines to balance things out more, adjusting the changelog and help file accordingly. Haven't done much testing, but it seems to be fine so far.

EDIT: Removed early beta.

Last edited by Rev. Bob; 10-02-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #835
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Which version Modify ePub should we download and install since there are now two new versions?
Old 10-01-2014, 10:57 PM   #836
Rev. Bob
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Which version Modify ePub should we download and install since there are now two new versions?
Not having looked at the other one in detail, naturally I'm partial to the one I posted.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:51 PM   #837
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not having looked at the other one in detail, naturally I'm partial to the one I posted.
I assumed you'd take the scrollbox changes I made out of the zip I posted. They're all in dialogs.py.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:12 AM   #838
Rev. Bob
Wizard

Quote:
I assumed you'd take the scrollbox changes I made out of the zip I posted. They're all in dialogs.py.
The thing is, I was editing that same file (yes, dialogs.py) while you were posting yours, so I only found out about your changes when I came back to post my update. Since I didn't know whether your version was based on the still-official 1.3.11 or my first beta of 1.3.12, I played it safe.

In short, we've got two versions of dialogs.py to reconcile: your changes and mine.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:20 AM   #839
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
In short, we've got two versions of dialogs.py to reconcile: your changes and mine.
It ain't rocket surgery. Here's a merged version of dialogs.py.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dialogspy.zip (5.1 KB, 187 views)
Old 10-02-2014, 03:04 AM   #840
Rev. Bob
Wizard

Quote:
It ain't rocket surgery. Here's a merged version of dialogs.py.
As it turns out, brain science is surprisingly hard to manage on an iPad.

However, I do have the merge downloaded (surprisingly easy on the same platform) and should be able to post the unified update tomorrow. Or, depending on your perspective, later today. It's in the mix, is what I'm saying.

Tags
modify epub