Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #646
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
Is this forum dead?
This forum (Kindle Developer's Corner) is very active. This thread has been dormant for less than a week. You can hardly call that "dead", especially in the summer when people have more outdoor activities.

The Duokan developers are probably more active on Chinese forums than here. Their own forum has had posts just minutes ago:
http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/forum.php

Besides the forum, they have an English contact form if you wish to ask them questions:
http://en.duokan.com/?p=65

Interestingly, their website went dormant shortly after securing $10,000,000 funding:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...-of-financing/

The English part of their own website has had not updates since May (and their main Chinese page is even older):
http://en.duokan.com/

It looks like their english website only supports Duokan on K3/K4/Android at this time, but their Chinese (main) site appears to support K3/K4/K5(touch), and is even older than the English pages. The English and Chinese web pages are not consistent with each other.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-06-2012 at 07:12 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #647
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
oh sorry, i meant to ask,is this thread dead?
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #648
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i have another question.how to download duokan r5.whenever i click vdisk link ,it gives me 4 non-working links.when i goto another link it asks me to pay.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #649
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
i have another question.how to download duokan r5.whenever i click vdisk link ,it gives me 4 non-working links.when i goto another link it asks me to pay.
You need to explore some of the links I provided above, or look for mirror download links in previous posts in this thread.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #650
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

the mirror download links are outdated and are for r4 version.i need r5
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #651
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

@geekmaster Never mind, after translating the kuaipan page,i saw a free download link,sorry for being silly and for bothering you when it was actually my mistake.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #652
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

is there a way or hack to enable english localisation on duokan kindle touch r5
Old 08-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #653
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
is there a way or hack to enable english localisation on duokan kindle touch r5
AFAIK no
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #654
jakobim
Enthusiast
jakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Touch
Hello everybody,
I have installed Duokan (5.1) on our Kindle NT and after using it for a while we noticed that it crashes / freezes a lot, at least once a day. It almost always happens when you try to turn a page.
Do you people experience the same problems and is there any way to fix that? It's so frustrating we switch back to the normal OS for now.
jakobim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #655
fforc9e
fforc9e began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle B00E with DuoKan
Really strange. I have some problems with rebooting KNT but it isnt as often as you have this issue. Maybe you need to reinstall both OS (Duokan and KOS).

BTW. Guya have anyone has DuoKan on Kindle Touch? Im thinkin about buying two Touchbase Kindles, one for me and second for my uncle. So Id really like to see KT running Doukan couse in my opinion this OS is better than KindleOS.
fforc9e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #656
pablo1978
pablo1978 began at the beginning.

I used to have doukan in my K5 but it is in chinese. You can guess the basic funcionality by trail and error... But I get tired and return to KOS + hacks.
pablo1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #657
fforc9e
fforc9e began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle B00E with DuoKan
Maybe this is a solution. Have u try to change locale to english using this from duokan for KNT?? Basically this is the same soft, righ?
fforc9e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #658
jakobim
Enthusiast
jakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by fforc9e View Post
Maybe you need to reinstall both OS (Duokan and KOS).
BTW I forgot to mention I have KOS 4.0.1. Do you have 4.1? Maybe it's more stable with that version?
And how can I do a "restore" on the original kindle OS?
jakobim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #659
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

Why is the txt to speech i.e the sound button greyed out.does k5 hve to be online to use it.cant we use it offline?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #660
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

r5.2 is out.for k5 it has dictionarry.dont know about localisation though.i uninsalld duokan will install it only when localisation is availalbe.can someone check out if the new version supprt english? it is typicly a hit and miss in chinese.i think they would have started development on ocalisation now because they have cmpleted work on the bookstore,so now i think they will start implementin other features like english.

Last edited by techiemonkey; 08-10-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf