Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
pastyann
pastyann began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 350
Sony PRS 350 anyone know if possible to..

I downloaded all my ebooks to the device but failed to save copies on computer.Now that I have read several,does anyone know how to return the files back to computer desktop(creating space for more books on Reader)as opposed to deleting them from my Reader?
This may have occurred to someone experienced but... I was NOT thinking Please any help is appreciated. I have looked and looked in User Guide but see no reference to transferring data FROM reader TO computer. Is It possible to do ?

Last edited by pastyann; 02-22-2011 at 01:54 PM.
pastyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hello pastyann,

welcome to the board!

I am not sure if I understand your problem correctly. You say you loaded your 350 with all your books. How did you do that? Via drag 'n' drop? Or using the Reader Library?

1. you can drag 'n' drop them back to your computer if you want to
2. if they were loaded using the Sony Reader Library they are still in the Library on your computer
3. if you used another program like Calibre they will be stored in Calibre
4. You can load up to 1.200 books on your 350, are you sure you have to delete some to make space for new ones?
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
pastyann

After obtaining the books from my source and downloading to computer I simply did the "drag and drop" Do you know if it is possible to return the data from PRS 350 to a file on my desktop?
I was not aware that sooo many books could be kept in Reader,however data room is not my only problem, mild dementia is. A month from now I will not remember if I read it putting on desktop in a folder titled " Read" will help me keep track. Thank you so much for replying and I hope to heard from you again.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
pastyann

After obtaining the books from my source and downloading to computer I simply did the "drag and drop" Do you know if it is possible to return the data from PRS 350 to a file on my desktop?
I was not aware that sooo many books could be kept in Reader,however data room is not my only problem, mild dementia is. A month from now I will not remember if I read it putting on desktop in a folder titled " Read" will help me keep track. Thank you so much for replying and I hope to heard from you again.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
yelloguy
Enthusiast
yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: none
Please look into getting Calibre for solving this type of problem. It shows you what is on your device and would let you add those to your Calibre library. Then you can use the same interface to delete them from your device. As you library builds up, it would get more and more difficult to manage the library in file system or only on your device (as you have already noticed). Calibre solves this problem by allowing you to tag, search and manage your books a variety of ways. No affiliations. Just a satisfied user.
yelloguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Since you dragged and dropped the eBooks into your 350, it's not possible that they are no longer on your computer. They are there someplace.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Drag and drop in the other sense, from reader to computer. You need nothing else.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Another alternative is that you could also create a collection on your 350 and call it something like "Read Books". That's how I keep track of what I've read.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:19 AM   #9
mikelvdb
Enthusiast
mikelvdb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikelvdb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikelvdb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: cybook gen3, cybook opus, sony prs-350, sony prs-t1
I don't use any software to manage my books (I use Calibre only to do the necessary conversions): I prefer to use a spreadsheet (with 650 books).
mikelvdb is offline   Reply With Quote