Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
tomato
tomato began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-300
refresh slowing down

Hi everyone, I've had my reader for a few weeks now and I've noticed a distinct slowing down of the refresh rate. It was originally quick enough that it was easy to overlook but now it's slowed down to the point that it can be two full seconds before the page begins to refresh. If it helps, the problem began after I deleted a half dozen books from the reader. Any suggestions on how to bring the speed back up will be much appreciated.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
Hi Tomato,

I've noticed that the time it takes to turn a page varies depending on the format of the book. Is the book you are viewing now a different format from the ones that were faster?
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
tomato
tomato began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-300
No, the format is the same. I noticed that the page turn delay increased dramatically when I deleted a number of books from the reader. It was working fine, I delete a bunch of books and pow. It is so slow that if I can't figure out a way to remedy this I'm going to sell it. I'm going to try reformatting and see if that makes a difference. I keep hoping that someone on this forum has had this experience and has a magic bullet for me.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
I've noticed a distinct slowing down of the refresh rate. It was originally quick enough that it was easy to overlook but now it's slowed down to the point that it can be two full seconds before the page begins to refresh.
This has happened on the rare occasion with my 505. I find that just rebooting it clears things up. That means a complete shutdown then restart. Any computer OS seems to need this on occasion.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
Paul58
A Reader with no Reader..
Paul58 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Pocket Edition, B&N Nook
Can you please explain the reboot process and does it erase everything stored on the reader, i.e. current ebook being read and bookmarks?

I have been experiencing this slow down of page refreshes also, however, I have not deleted anything. Thanks...
Paul58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #6
Stephanos
Connoisseur
Stephanos doesn't litterStephanos doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Settings - Advanced Settings - Device Shutdown. At least that is how you do it in the PRS-505. Then use the on-off slider switch to restart the reader. Shouldn't erase anything.
Stephanos is offline   Reply With Quote