Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #16
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorpler View Post
Could somebody explain what an ADEPT PDF is? And how it differs from the DRM-protected PDF files that you, say, check out from public libraries that use OverDrive/ContentReserve and the like?

Yes, I'd like to understand the differences as well if someone would enlighten us.

thanks
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:19 AM   #17
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Could somebody explain what an ADEPT PDF is? And how it differs from the DRM-protected PDF files that you, say, check out from public libraries that use OverDrive/ContentReserve and the like?
Secure Adobe is what this is talking about. Adobe calls in "ADEPT". So, any protected books that require digital editions to read use adept DRM.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #18
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Yep, seems to have disappeared. But it's still there in the February archive
It must be something with blogspot. I had the same problem with Bookeen's blog, I had to click the month "archive" to see the latest post, if I clicked the post title I got an empty page.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #19
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Windows binary for PyCrypto 2.0.1 is corrupt. But, I did install Python 2.5.4 and the 2.5 version of PyCrypto and have successfully removed the DRM from a DRM infected ePub.
What do you mean by corrupt ? I get a message error on my end: "Error: Incorrect padding"
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
What do you mean by corrupt ? I get a message error on my end: "Error: Incorrect padding"
The version of Windows PyCrypto 2.0.1 compiled for Python 2.6.xdoes not install. When I try to run it from the command line, I get This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. When I try to install via a double click, I get a requester asing me to pick what application to install it with.

But when I removed Python 2.6.x and installed Python 2.5.4 and the PyCrypto 2.0.1 for Python 2.5, it worked fine. I did try a Google search to find another Windows Bonary for Python 2.6.x and could not find any other copy. But at least Python 2.5.4 with the 2.5 version of PyCrypto works fine to strip the DRM.

All of this is on a WindowsXP Pro system.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #21
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I'm still not quite understanding. My library books download as a ebx.etd file. When clicked, it opens and loads the book into Digital Editions. Is it still a .pdf file or an ADE file? In any event, I get an error when running the decrypt program. Got the key, but decrypt error is: "File is not a zip file" Any clues?

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:16 PM   #22
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
When are you getting that error? Installing PyCrypto, running adeptkey, or running adeptdecrypt?

If it's running adeptkey, could you try creating a registering a new Adobe ID, activate Digital Editions with that ID, and try again?

If it's running adeptdecrypt, could you e-mail a copy of your key and the error-producing book to i.u2665.cabbages@gmail.com?

thx
i♥cabbages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #23
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post
I have successfully and reproducibly circumvented Adobe's ADEPT DRM system for EPUB files. A discussion of the system and the circumvention is available in a blog post I've made on the subject: Circumventing Adobe ADEPT DRM for EPUB.
At the risk of sounding coarse, I can't help but say:

Dude, I fucking love you.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #24
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
At the risk of sounding coarse, I can't help but say:

Dude, I fucking love you.
dude, me too.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #25
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
some serious love going on here.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ebx.etd just tells Digital Editions where to download the PDF or ePub.

Once downloaded, the files are stored in my documents\my digital editions (in Windows).
Old 02-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #27
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Ok, can someone clarify. I read a post in here that seemed to say that this "required" Adobe Acrobat? Is that true?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

i♥cabbages can you point us to a working copy of PyCrypto 2.0.1 that works under Windows for Python 2.6? The one you linked us to is corrupt.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:33 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Ok, can someone clarify. I read a post in here that seemed to say that this "required" Adobe Acrobat? Is that true?

BOb
Adobe Acrobat is not needed to remove the DRM from ePub.

Last edited by JSWolf; 02-19-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:52 PM   #30
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
I'd think you'd need Digital Editions, but don't know why you'd need Acrobat.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adept, adobe epub drm, ainept, drm, drm removal, drm-free epub, inept