Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
bulldogmo
Connoisseur
bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.

Device: kindle
Question need auto add help

I think I am doing something wrong with the auto add feature. When I put books into the directory that is to be uploaded, it takes several hours before Calibre even starts to load even one file.

Example I went to sleep last night and when I got up this morning it had just started loading the books. How I know this is less than 50 books difference in the number in the items section of the explorer screen.

What am I doing wrong?

bulldogmo
bulldogmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Auto adding adds books withtin a few seconds of their being copied into the folder. Note that it only adds files in the folder itself, not in sub folders.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
bulldogmo
Connoisseur
bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Auto adding adds books withtin a few seconds of their being copied into the folder. Note that it only adds files in the folder itself, not in sub folders.
not on my system, and that is what is confusing me, I have had files in my folder since 9:30 am my time, and it is now 9:30 pm, and not one file had been uploaded.

I was wondering if I have something tweaked wrong.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Restart calibre.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
bulldogmo
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Restart calibre.
I have several times, checked and played with the settings, and nothing is working....... I have even re-installed the program. Still nothing.
Advert
Old 02-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Only known ebook formats are auto added. epub/mobi/azw/etc.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
I am having the same issue. The books are not automatically added. I am just trying to add Kindle books.

I am running Win 7 Home Premium. I have the latest version of Calibre and my plugins are up to date. The only unusual thing with my setup I can think of, is that Calibre's books are stored on a different computer on my home network than the computer I use to run Calibre. I do keep Calibre on the other computer with the content-server running from a command prompt.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #8
bulldogmo
Connoisseur

I can get them to load now if they are in batches under a 100, but considering that I have over 200,000 of just epubs, let alone pdfs, txts, and 300,000+ mobi its going to take me forever to get everything loaded.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
I deleted the directory that Calibre was to look for new books and created a new one and then linked Calibre to it. It now brings in the new books, but for each book, brings it in as two different books. One file is in mobi format and one in MBP. The MBP record has just a bare amount of Metadata, a name for the book that looks like a Kindle file name, B0046ZRYU4 EBOK, and lists author as unknown. How can I not have that MBP record in Calibre without manually deleting it?
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #10
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Uhm, if it were me I wouldn't want to upload that many at once anyway. I'd do it in small batches, usually based on genre, so that I could make sure all the metadata was the way I wanted it to be before I moved on to the next group.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If you want to add large numbers of books, do not use auto add, use the normal add facility. And auto add may or may not work on network shares, depending on whether your kernel supports file watching on network shares. And if you dont want mbp files added, dont copy them into the auto add folder.