Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 07-26-2009, 03:24 AM   #16
alilxmas
Enthusiast
alilxmas has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: SmartQ 7, VX787
Is it possible to have the native OS (linux) install and just have it dual boot to Win CE off the SD card?
alilxmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:39 AM   #17
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter

Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alilxmas View Post
Is it possible to have the native OS (linux) install and just have it dual boot to Win CE off the SD card?
That is exactly how it works
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2009, 01:07 PM   #18
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter

Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
Its a good possibility that if it works on the M8 it should work on the Q5/Q7. You might need to modify the CAB file and remove anything about the M8 from the registry portion (delete those keys). I'm guessing from your example files you can just use the CAB file and copy it to your device and click to install it. The EXE file is likely the installer for using ActiveSynch.
I've tried several ways to get a new game running but it's beyond my capabilities I tried installing the CAB on the Q7 but I get an error message in Chinese with the text "M8" in the middle. How do you "modify the CAB file and remove anything about the M8 from the registry portion (delete those keys)." ?
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #19
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
Btw, here is a link to .NET 3.5 if anyone needs it.

I noticed that the wince cab is quite a bit larger than the windows mobile cab. It could be that this would add missing components that prevents some windows mobile software from working properly.
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:34 PM   #20
bjkel
Connoisseur
bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Color, Kobo, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkel View Post
Yay! I've gotten Alreader to work on mine too! It's my favorite ereading program right now. So glad it works. Didn't like FBreader nearly as much..
Just thought I would mention a nice thing with Alreader is that when I had to do a reflash of my sd card (reformat and such) I just saved the Alreader folder to my pc and then just copied it back over to the sd card again and it kept all my customization.

Alreader has a lot of customization you can do on it and I admit a great deal of the defaults aren't to my taste, and it takes a bit to get it just right for me, nice that I only have to do it once!

I used to be a MobiPocket fan but this is so much better, imo.

Edit: If anyone wants them, I found some extra backgrounds for Alreader, they can be downloaded here.

Last edited by bjkel; 07-30-2009 at 06:01 PM.
bjkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 06:01 PM   #21
Houndx
Groupie

I think this page is goona help out alot in getting these apps to run.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #22
heron61
Enthusiast
heron61 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipod Touch 3rd gen, SmartQ V7
Has anyone managed to get the Adobe PDF reader working on WinCE?
heron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #23
Houndx
Groupie

igo8 works with the following settings in sys.txt

[folders]
app="/iGO8"

[device]
sdcard_dsk_num=7

[interface]
skin="ui_igo8"
resolution_dir="400_240"
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
vga=1

[rawdisplay]
highres=1
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
class="landscape"
driver="GDI"

Now I need to figure out how to share the gps from my windows mobile phone.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #24
Houndx
Groupie

If you're using a bluetooth gps, the grab this file that I got from bbs.zhiqi.com.

Quote:
Where 000DBXXXXC0C is a Bluetooth GPS device number, available from the Bluetooth Device Manager.1 is the channel number the Bluetooth device, the default is 1, 8-virtual serial number
Unfortunately I can't get virtual com to bind my HTC Touch Pro's gps. I did find that GPSGate 2 works over wifi, but I'm not sure that's the solution I want and since I'd have to buy two licenses(one for the phone and one for the Q7) then it wouldn't be much cheaper than a usb gps.

Also, Total Commander CE works pretty nicely as a replacement for the default file explorer.

Edit:some of these won't work without the fakedll's from LBE installed

Last edited by Houndx; 08-15-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #25
david83k
david83k began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ7, Sony PRS-600
I would like to use my SmartQ 7 as a secondary USB monitor on my laptop.

It should be easy to do it:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=25843

Could somebody try out a VNC client on Win CE?
1. using wireless network
2. using USB networking through ActiveSync (is this working?)

Thank you!

David
david83k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #26
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Cold, have you tested any more applictions? any chance of uploading ubook and mobi? I would like to try them.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #27
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Installed Alreader 2 and I love it, much better than fbreader, gonner try now zulureader.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:05 AM   #28
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EzReader, Sony 650, Kindle 5, Onyx i62HD, Kobo Aura HD
I've installed WinCE on my smartq7 and I had no problem with the test_enWinCE.cab, but no matter what I try, I can not get the alreader 2 to install. I have WinCE.Cab.Manager, but no matter what I change it still remains uninstallable on the device. Please advise, I would appreciate any advice.
Frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:10 AM   #29
bjkel
Connoisseur
bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Color, Kobo, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankr View Post
I've installed WinCE on my smartq7 and I had no problem with the test_enWinCE.cab, but no matter what I try, I can not get the alreader 2 to install. I have WinCE.Cab.Manager, but no matter what I change it still remains uninstallable on the device. Please advise, I would appreciate any advice.
I had to manually install it. Just unzip it into a folder called Alreader and copy the folder onto your sd card.
bjkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #30
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EzReader, Sony 650, Kindle 5, Onyx i62HD, Kobo Aura HD
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but extracting and copying the files to the smartq, then running it from the folder I created, did not work.
Frankr is offline   Reply With Quote