Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
FanciFreez
Banned
FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, KPW2, Nexus 7.2, iPad 4, Nook HD+
Reading multiple books?

New here, but just curious.. I start a book and then see another I like.. I buy it and now I am reading two books, maybe three.... I put one down and then read the other and switch back and forth.. does anyone else here do that?
FanciFreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Yes. Currently (mostly) reading 4 books in parallel.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Is there any other way??

OK
Once in a while I do find a book the get read head to tail (Can't say cover to cover on a e-book ) in one big gulp, but most time I switch depending on mood (do you read Horror just before going (trying) to sleep )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
Wholesalestunna
Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iPad
Sometimes I do that.. but usually I just get bored with a book, quit reading it and never pick it up again.
Wholesalestunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I don't. I practice book monogamy. I am the same way with games. Some people play multiple simultaneous characters in Skyrim whereas I can only play one at a time. Not surprisingly, it turns out that many of those people are also multi-readers.

It's odd - I can easily keep track of 10 different TV show storylines, but I can't do it with books and games. Hmmm...
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I don't. I practice book monogamy.
I almost always do this as well. Only on rare occasions will I be reading 2 books at once. The only time I really did it on a regular occurrence was when I was in Grad school.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #7
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
reading one on my kindle, another in paper, and listening to a third in audio
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I always have 2 or more going, in either ebook or audiobook formats. Right now I have 4 in progress.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #9
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
I often read multiple books. What normally happens is that I start a book. If it's good, I usually stick with it and don't start any other books. If it's ok, I may continue reading it but start another book. Whichever book manages to keep my attention is the book that I stick with until the end. The other usually goes into the TBR pile (unless it's so bad that that there is no way I would ever pick it up again).
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #10
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
I always have at least 2 books going--ebook and audiobook. Sometimes my ebook gets interrupted for another book. I have finally finished Dietrich Bonhoeffer's biography after interruptions for 2 other books!

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #11
FanciFreez
Banned
FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithbw View Post
I often read multiple books. What normally happens is that I start a book. If it's good, I usually stick with it and don't start any other books. If it's ok, I may continue reading it but start another book. Whichever book manages to keep my attention is the book that I stick with until the end. The other usually goes into the TBR pile (unless it's so bad that that there is no way I would ever pick it up again).
that is exactly what I have been doing...
Old 10-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I've been known to read up to 7 at one time. I am a mood reader so I just read whatever theme I am in the mood for.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #13
FanciFreez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I've been known to read up to 7 at one time. I am a mood reader so I just read whatever theme I am in the mood for.
That describes me as well.. but not 7 books LOL.. maybe 3.. I thought if I had too many books going I may have a attention disorder..
Old 10-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #14
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
I typically read only one book at a time. I'm a pretty fast reader and can typically get through about 350 pages in a day, if I don't have other obligations, so I usually have time to finish one book before feeling the need to pick up another. At the moment, however, I have five different books in my current reading list. Each is very different from the others, too. That's also odd for me, as I usually read mystery/thriller genre. These are all over the place!
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #15
FanciFreez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cklls View Post
I typically read only one book at a time. I'm a pretty fast reader and can typically get through about 350 pages in a day, if I don't have other obligations, so I usually have time to finish one book before feeling the need to pick up another. At the moment, however, I have five different books in my current reading list. Each is very different from the others, too. That's also odd for me, as I usually read mystery/thriller genre. These are all over the place!
You are a very fast reader indeed.. do your eyes ever burn or start blurring?