Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-13-2017, 09:56 PM   #1
clayesq
clayesq began at the beginning.

Device: iBooks (iOS, Mac)
Missing fonts, maybe?

Good hello!

Antiquated Kindle, so taking my books off and trying to convert to ePub for iOS and Mac iBooks apps. I have a cookbook that uses a particular font that appears in the default (.azw) format, but is missing in the epub format thus making the books at least unattractive and at most illegible. I don't understand how, When I view the book using Calibre (3.3) in epub, the fonts appear fine, but moving it to iBooks eliminates it. is there a quick fix that I'm missing?

Thanks!

clayesq
clayesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:58 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayesq View Post
When I view the book using Calibre (3.3) in epub, the fonts appear fine, but moving it to iBooks eliminates it. is there a quick fix that I'm missing?
You'll most likely need to add a com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml file.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2017, 09:56 AM   #3
clayesq
clayesq began at the beginning.

Device: iBooks (iOS, Mac)
Ick... was hoping for just a button to push or something... now I gotta learn CSS...groan...

Thanks for the insight/info!
clayesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayesq View Post
Ick... was hoping for just a button to push or something... now I gotta learn CSS...groan...

Thanks for the insight/info!
Learning CSS is a good rather good idea.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote