Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 05:55 AM   #181
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
*shakes head* found out what was wrong.

I did not root my IQ with z4root and tried another method, which worked great. However, no busybox...

I feel so dumb right now...
Heh, not having busybox would be a problem, yeah a2sd 0.0.2 checks for that (and working superuser privs).

Quote:
Just curious... did anyone create a linux swap partition to see if it makes any difference?
Not me, but the performance would probably horrible.
Coredump-EE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #182
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredump-EE View Post
Heh, not having busybox would be a problem, yeah a2sd 0.0.2 checks for that (and working superuser privs).
I had super user rights (was trying the PDN root process, which works great). I decided to check a2sd and this is how I saw my my mistake.

Quote:
Not me, but the performance would probably horrible.
Well... since I like to experiment, I have tried it (since some tutorials were suggesting it) and it seems to be indeed slower. However, it looks like we get more free memory. Got 90-105 Mb of memory at startup... had 40-60 before.

Last edited by Icewyng; 01-09-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:10 AM   #183
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Well... since I like to experiment, I have tried it (since some tutorials were suggesting it) and it seems to be indeed slower. However, it looks like we get more free memory. Got 90-105 Mb of memory at startup... had 40-60 before.
It can be useful to push mostly unused apps into swap , thus freeing up RAM. However, the second you run out of RAM and the PB is trying to compensate with swap, it's going to be sllloooooooowwww.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #184
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Oh yea... got a lot of 100% CPU usage with it so I would not recommend doing this.

However, I might have a much bigger problem... I tried to reset my IQ this morning and it won't turn on, even though It worked like night and it is plugged in! I hope I wonèt end up with a nice IQ paperweight...
Old 01-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #185
Icewyng
Addict

Well...seems my IQ died on me.

All I did was reset it and it never turned back on... I am puzzled as to why it did that.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #186
Fellball
Wizard
Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: K3,K4,PB360,PB360+,PB701-IQ und noch diverse andere Lesegeräte....
Quote:
Well...seems my IQ died on me.

All I did was reset it and it never turned back on... I am puzzled as to why it did that.
Only hear a "klick" in speakers by pressing the powerbutton?
Fellball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #187
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

The "click of death" can be recovered from by reflashing a f/w image. If you are in a reset loop, try hitting the reset button on the top or force a shutdown with adb.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #188
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
The "click of death" can be recovered from by reflashing a f/w image. If you are in a reset loop, try hitting the reset button on the top or force a shutdown with adb.
I know. That is what I tried to do. At first, it was in a loop where it would get to the home screen but not load anything and loop back at the boot animation. I've reset the IQ and got stuck with the click at the load screen.

Tried reflashing the IQ with the 2.0.3 Fw and it did not work so I have decided to load up Eclipse and check with logcat to see what was going on. Since the device was not detected (it was the first time it didn't show up in there) so I decided to reboot.

That is when the IQ just quit and never turned back on. Been 24 hours and still nothing. The battery seems to work but, if I press on the power or reset button, it just won't work.

I think it must be hardware related. Of course, since I opened the back of my IQ and put stuff in there that voids the warranty... tough luck.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #189
Fellball
Wizard
Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Quote:
That is when the IQ just quit and never turned back on. Been 24 hours and still nothing. The battery seems to work but, if I press on the power or reset button, it just won't work.
In december my IQ is going off whil reading (Akku was fully loaded). When i pressing the Power-Button to start, i only hear a "klick" in Speakers and nothing else happens.

On next morning i try it again, but same.

I was very angry, so i press the Power-Button often and very fast. Suddenly the IQ begins to boot and turned off again while booting. At the 5. attempt , the IQ boots completely. I reflashed the IQ. No Problems again with this effect.

Sorry, my english is not good....
Old 01-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #190
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellball View Post
I was very angry, so i press the Power-Button often and very fast. Suddenly the IQ begins to boot and turned off again while booting. At the 5. attempt , the IQ boots completely. I reflashed the IQ. No Problems again with this effect.
...and I took german classes 20 years ago. I remember very little of it.

Well, I did one last thing, unplugged the battery, replugged it and tried again... and it worked! I did the same yesterday and it did not work... wierd.

Anyway, I do not see the device with ADB devices or Eclipse. Suggestions? Still stuck at the click of death.

Edit: the device shows up as a USB mass storage device.

Last edited by Icewyng; 01-11-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #191
Fellball
Wizard

Quote:
Well, I did one last thing, unplugged the battery, replugged it and tried again... and it worked! I did the same yesterday and it did not work... wierd.
unplugging the battery i have tried first, of course. With no effect....
Old 01-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #192
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
unplugging the battery i have tried first, of course. With no effect....

I seems to help from time to time...

Ok... good news! I was able to find back the old dealer update and was able to reflash the firmware. My IQ now works. It seems the 2.0.3 update will not help if you ever get a problem. You really need the dealer one.

I am so glad I backed up my download folder before all of this happened! Now, the road to reconstruction begins.

Thanks for the help and to help me focus

Oh... and NEVER put a linux-swap partition on your SD Card! I think this is what caused all of this.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #193
Fellball
Wizard

Quote:
It seems the 2.0.3 update will not help if you ever get a problem. You really need the dealer one.
I have 2 Versions of 2.0.3 Firmware-Updates:

userupdate091210_common_PB701SWUPDATE.zip in 2.0.3 user.7z
and
dealerupdate091210_EU_PB701SWUPDATE.zip in dealerupdate091210_EU.zip.

Which one you are using?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #194
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
I seems to help from time to time...

Ok... good news! I was able to find back the old dealer update and was able to reflash the firmware. My IQ now works. It seems the 2.0.3 update will not help if you ever get a problem. You really need the dealer one.
Glad to hear your unit is working again
Old 01-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #195
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
I have 2 Versions of 2.0.3 Firmware-Updates:

userupdate091210_common_PB701SWUPDATE.zip in 2.0.3 user.7z
and
dealerupdate091210_EU_PB701SWUPDATE.zip in dealerupdate091210_EU.zip.

Which one you are using?
I meant the user update. You need to use the Dealer Update in order for it to work.