Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #16
itzmeigh
Enthusiast
itzmeigh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I am totally in love with the fact that at my local Target not only do they sell the readers (in silver) but they also have $15 or $50 gift cards to the Sony book store. We try not to use credit cards. So being able to just get gift cards is a plus for me. Plus it's super easy to tell someone when they ask what they can give you for a gift.

The availability of the gift cards was pretty much a deciding factor for me between the Sony and the Kindle.
itzmeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #17
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Target is where I played with it before deciding I wanted to buy one.

Lately they seem to either not be carrying it anymore -- the displays are pretty bare and I think the last time I looked it wasn't even there. (They used to be on the end cap.)
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #18
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I bought mine at Target. It's worth noting that they also carry the gift cards for the Sony Ebook Store, which is what I tell everyone to get me if they want to get me anything. I also bought the extended warranty from Target (something I seldom do), but in this case I think its worth it for three years coverage.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:54 PM   #19
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I got my blue one from Amazon.com LOL!! I know that sounds ironic, but they had the best price. It was actually from another store, but I ordered it through Amazon. I also ordered my lightwedge from them. I found that for $49.99= $45+$4.99 s/h. I was kinda mad about the s/h because anything over $25 on amazon is supposed to be free. But oh well, it still was the cheapest place around so I ordered it. I got the lightwedge yesterday.

I'm kind of curious to go to the Targets in my area and see if they have them. I'm also curious to see how much they sell the Lightwedge for. Borders had two Lightwedge's for $69.99 (full price OF COURSE), and of course they wouldn't let me use a 30% coupon last week. SO, they lost that sale!!

Walmart has the Silver and blue 505 too for $274.88...and they are in select stores. They aren't in any stores near me. But I did type in Los Angeles, CA and found 1 store that has them. So maybe they're only in stores in big cities.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #20
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
The lightwedge at Target will be for full price $69.99
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #21
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
oh good...I figured as much. Maybe with that $20 I saved, I'll buy myself another ebook!! HA
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #22
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
I got my blue one from Amazon.com LOL!! I know that sounds ironic, but they had the best price. It was actually from another store, but I ordered it through Amazon. I also ordered my lightwedge from them. I found that for $49.99= $45+$4.99 s/h. I was kinda mad about the s/h because anything over $25 on amazon is supposed to be free.
Actually, the free shipping from amazon is only for things bought from them, not third-party vendors selling through them. Even when I buy something there that qualifies for free shipping, I usually pay for standard shipping anyway. Free shipping is MUCH slower in my experience. They wait days before getting it shipped out, then they use the slowest method possible.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #23
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
They also sell the Reader in Brookstone and InMotion stores, both of which are located where I work at the Anchorage International Airport. I've only seen the silver units though (I have the blue myself) and neither store seems to sell the gift cards. Oh and the Reader is still full price at both places.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote